Thread: HP-c7280 unable to scan from Windows fax

HP-c7280 unable to scan from Windows fax

I have recently bought a scanner but in it is not able to scan from the windows fax and also it cannot scan the program. Recently I am using the windows 7 of 64 bit as an operating system. And in this the HP printer is plugged in by using the USB. All the things in this are working properly except the scanning. So related to this issue if anybody has any kind of idea then please share it with me guys. And for this I am really thankful for you guys.

Re: HP-c7280 unable to scan from Windows fax

Like you I am also going through the same situation and in order to fix this issue I have downloaded Hp update for windows 7 but I have a fresh hard drive and I really did not desire to put their random software on here. And in this I have made 4 scans but in this it is only one per day. Then I obtain the message that it was not able to complete the scan, I have had the message that one more program may be utilizing the scanner. So what to do in order to fix this issue. please help me as soon as it is possible for you guys.

I have also faced this kind of issue. But I have installed the driver and then I reinstall it ad I have seen that my problem get fixed. So I hope in your case also there may be an issue of the driver so you just reinstall it and check it I hope you will get your solution. And after doing this also you are not able to get solution so I think you are installing the older driver go on to the Google and there you check for the latest driver. I think you will get it within a fraction of time. So you just install it and restart your PC. I hope you will find that everything is working properly. So I will advise you to try this once.

I found the solution from one of the forum site. "It's good, I had HP support, and in fact it is missing a library not installed automatically in the registry by Acer RESTORE CDs. Only in this you have to do is you Just execute the command: regsvr32 msxml3.dll. So I hope this will help you in order to get rid from this issue. Actually I have also faced this kind of issue. So it worked in my case. So I hope you have to try this.

I have solution for this issue so you just try the below methods.
    1. In this you just confirm that you have installed updates which are related to the drivers for printer.
    2. And after doing this you just run the SFC (System File Checker) scan on the computer in order to get out from the system errors which is currently you are facing.Open command prompt. To do this,

• Tick Start,
    • Tick All Programs,
    • Tick Accessories, right-click Command Prompt,
    • And then tick Run as administrator.
    • And in this if you are prompted for the administrator password or for a confirmation so in this you just type the password, or click Allow or Continue
    • At the prompt, type sfc /scannow and hit enter. Once the scan is completed, then you just restart the computer for the changes to take effect.