Thread: Reducing the fans from my rig

Reducing the fans from my rig

I am planing to build up my own rig and and this time I need to special card about cpu fans. What is the issue here is that I had attached a additional extra fans to the older system and due ot which I had to increase the psu. It is not easy to get a relevant power of psu which can handle up everything in my system from my gpu to cpu, fans and other devices. I always face of issue fo something working and something not. For that what is the best way you recommend me to add up a good cpu fan connection. Also what are the difference characteristics that I can try out to go for a good cpu fan.

Re: Reducing the fans from my rig

I am planing to build up my own rig and and this time I need to special card about cpu fans. What is the issue here is that I had attached a additional extra fans to the older system and due ot which I had to increase the psu. It is not easy to get a relevant power of psu which can handle up everything in my system from my gpu to cpu, fans and other devices. I always face of issue fo something working and something not. For that what is the best way you recommend me to add up a good cpu fan connection. Also what are the difference characteristics that I can try out to go for a good cpu fan.

It is recommended that you must also fix up a proper thermal paste on your cpu to get a proper contact of the heatsink. There are a number of thermal pastes. The bag comes with the fan is sufficient in most cases. If your cpu is heating then do not hesitate to pay a little bit more for better support. I will recommend you to use Artic Silver 5 or ceramic whose composition still allows a better heat conduction. For the warranty, especially from AMD you need to mount the processor by the dealer.

There is no need to add more than one fan in your system. You can simply use a single fan with a good heatsink. Basically there are already fans provided on the system. You must keep a good amount for ventilation. That means the airflow must not be blocked. Many time users keep the system in a close cabinet which is not good. Aircooling is currently the most widely used system and it is more than enough to keep your CPU below the critical temperature. The first thing to check is its compatibility with the socket.

There are standard range of cpu cooler which fits the processor. I suggest you take a cooler with copper base, with a fan 80 x 80 mm. The small fans have the annoying tendency to make much ado about very little air stirring. Be aware that the cooler comes with the micro processor boxed more than enough for multimedia or office. You will not be fully loaded for several hours. For games, especially those coming and video editing, I recommend taking 100% copper heatsink. I think the best choice for the same is coolermaster.

The main advantage is that it keeps ever lower the temperature of CPU and this time the hot air produced by the processor is less important because the radiator is in direct contact with water. For those who fear for the sealing of the system, I advise them to make inquiries on available kits, but overall this point there is not too much blame to go around. The major drawback is the place that makes the system with pump, hoses and some kits on the fans. Furthermore, this system is more expensive than for aircooling. While the processor is the main heat source, all other components involved in the heat and temperature rise in the housing. You can opt for 100% cooling or water cooling but you may lose one or even two PCI slots.