Thread: Cannot install Fax Printer

Cannot install Fax Printer

I was able to install the printer when I was using Windows XP in my system. There was also no problem when I send document as Fax. Now I have installed Windows 7 and downloaded the drivers "cj6600windows7" from Lexmark. But this is not able to install the Fax printer and therefore it is not working. I tried everything that I know to solve the problem but that was not able to solve the problem. If you know any driver or any suggestion that can help me then please let me know that. I will be thankful for all the replies.

Re: Cannot install Fax Printer

There may be some fault in the Fax printer itself that is why it is not working. My suggestion to you is not to try anything from your side. You should contact directly to the manufacturer and ask then for the problem. They are the experts and they know that what can be the possible reasons and solutions for such issues. This will be the best way for you to get it resolved.

It is possible that the fax printer that you are using is not compatible with your operating system and so it is not working. If you want to check capability of any software or the hardware with the Windows 7 then you can click here and this will let you to the Windows 7 capability Center.

There are many programs that are written for the earlier version of the Windows then it may not run properly on the latest version. To make that work, you can change the compatibility settings for the program. You can do it manually or you can also use Compatibility troubleshooter program. If you want to open the Compatibility troubleshooter program then click on the start button and open control panel. In the search box, you have to type troubleshooter and click on troubleshooting. Now click on Run programs made for previous versions of Windows which is under programs.

You can follow the steps below and this may solve the problem for you. Here are the steps:
    1. First of all, Copy all the contents of the installa tion CD to your hard drive.
    2. Go to the copied contents and right click on the setup file. Select the properties and on the property window, open the Compatibility tab.
    3. Here you have to check the checkbox for "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and then select Windows 7.
    4. Now you have to checkmark "Run this program as an administrator" which is there under Privilege Level.
    5. Click on apply and OK.