Thread: How I can able to speed the cpu fan for i7 860 / DP55KG

How I can able to speed the cpu fan for i7 860 / DP55KG

My difficulty is that cpu fan doesn't rapid up even under 100% load. When controlled by motherboard cpu fan runs forever at minimum speed at 1000 rpm. I ran Prime95 about 15 minutes and core temp raised to ~70c. There was no fan speed raises. Intel Desktop Control Center (IDCC) stated that delta to Tjmax is around 30 degrees but I'm quite certain that fan speed should rise well before ~70c. I am able to make the fan run faster by setting the fan speed manually. The fan speed raise is perceptible so I believe that figures reported by IDCC are at least fairly accurate. Has anybody observed this type of setback with cpu fan control? What could be reasoning this? CPU? Motherboard? Fan? Is there any possible way to fix that I could try? Help will appreciate and grateful. My current hardware is Intel DP55KG and intel i7 core 860 cpu.

Re: How I can able to speed the cpu fan for i7 860 / DP55KG

Check out the fan control to allow enabled or disabled. Check the fan speeds whether it is low or off. Then for every fan header you encompass the value options where you have to inform the board if a 3 or 4 pin fan is plugged up to that header. Are you certain you have these values deposit properly? if you use the IDCC, then select the fan control, and choose physical control. and you crank it up. can you listen to them speed up? Are you using newest BIOS? personally, my case come with simply 3-pin fans. i swap them with 140mm 4-pin/PWM fans... was certain to modify the settings in BIOS for them. I can physically alter the speed through the intel desktop control center and they force to solve with no trouble and throughout video encoding or other high CPU custom times, i can heed them speed up. Actually, one time I walked in here and the computer noise a louder than usual. i receive a close examination inside and observe the back fan was not revolving at all. i hardly tapped the fan edge and it kicked off -- i believe it is having a difficulty after resuming from S3. Seems like that one fan (that's the merely one difference from the others) doesn't desire to kick back on after pending out of S3 mode.

Fan control is a complementary act, what one client likes the another one hates. Can't satisfy everyone. Most people disgust loud fans, so we let the scheme get a modest hotter prior to we pace up the fans to recompense. If memory give out me right... 70C should not compel the fan to pace way up. Here's the solution to focus on. I have red LED's behind on the board close to the CPU fan port. Two of them, one for CPU another for the CPU-Vreg. If whichever of them is red... that system is too hot. If your CPU LED never switched on then your CPU is not running too hot for its intend and there's no instant require to amplify fan speed. If that light is on although as well as fan speed is not increasing. There’s a trouble since while the light is on, the CPU is inside throttling itself back in pace to calm itself off.

The fan on my motherboard (DP55WG which is basically identical) merely speeds up at 80 degrees Celsius so I believe what you are verdict is normal and as per Intel’s plan. Simple logic means it is simpler to move the heat away from the CPU when there is a better temperature dissimilarity among it and the heatsink/ambient air heat, so the CPU is permitted to arrive at a high temperature previous to the fan kicks in packed revs, as continued it at a lower temperature would need a better heatsink and fan, in addition there is a boundary on how rapidly the silicon can disperse heat to the heat transmitter on top it. Also the diodes measure the heat is at the hottest point in every CPU so on the whole the CPU is cooler. Also note that Intel's freezing answer is designed to cool a CPU beneath standard usage, so when using a burn-in curriculum it is probable to grounds the CPU to burn causing it to slow down.