Thread: Is Someone Using Prolimatech

Is Someone Using Prolimatech

It is true that today it is simply not easy to have a perfect cooler for the those power intensive systems. Especially the gamers might loose hope on the field of overclocking. I myself sometime do not stay happy on my investment. Anyhow we mostly prefer to work more on our budget to buy a good system, but this time your cost ration will rise. Mostly we cannot ignore the cpu cooler. Adding some more money is not just an enough choice to go for good cpu cooler. Other things matter are the tedious way of fixing things up. My rig is extremely resource intensive, where I was successful to fix up 2 Way Sli Gpu. I never thougt about the PSU, before but later on due to some cpu issue I had upgraded. Things just run in my mind to look for a better cpu cooler. What about Prolimatech. There is one more model by Thermalright. I do not want other things to stress on. That just diverts you for sometime, and you cameback on the same issue after sometime.

Re: Is Someone Using Prolimatech

That's true that you need a good cooling for your system. This is correct for gaming rigs. I had worked for sometime for animation clients, who's need for high end graphics does not end easily. I recommend for overclocking, but it is also correct that you cannot put much strain on your cpu. I found a system using Prolimatech MK-13. It is a powerful monster heatsink for high performance. Right now as per my experience this beast in an a heavy heatsink of aluminum and six heat pipe out of the base. It reaches to 150 fins. The device can accommodate up to four 120 mm fans or 140 mm. The entire card GTX 260 + cooler weighs 1.159 Kg.

Modding is the choice which remains in the end even for the branded system. There are many solutions which I had seen tried by extreme overclocker. H20, Dryice, etc. They tried even cooling out their system with some external sources, but that is not a end-user solution. What if you need the same at your home on your table. There are special cases you need to mode on your own. In that case have a look on Thermalright Venomous-X. Venomous this comes without a fan-X is actually an evolution of the Thermalright Ultra-120. It measures 127 X 63 X 160 with a weight of 755 grams, features six heat pipes and can be installed on all Intel Socket. It is more than enough for removing heat out of your system. But remember the fixing not issue. It is a hard work.

Thermalright is an famous company for making cpu coolers. I was having a very small prototype in my system. I never thought to put much concentration on a cpu fan. But later on by reading on overclocking and even testing the same on my rig, this has become a major concern. If you are a overclocker or planing to overclock your system, then you might not aware when you need a powerful cpu fan. We can easily manage to have a cpu, good motherboard, good overclocking software, etc. But what about the byproducts. Here the byproduct is heat which can burn your cpu and that can cause a complete dead. I had added a medium range power supply and to be true I never use my system for long hours.

Venomous-X is a monster cpu fan. On the same hand Prolimatech MK-13 also does not stays behind. You must not forget that this is a major investment. Such things can also diminish due to wear and tear. While we always look forward to the GPU heatsink. Right now companies do not put much strain for a gpu heatsink. They give you a traditional fan which is happy enough to work. Noctua is another company which does the same job. Prolimatech has quiet an awesome premium brands that can compete with Noctua. There are some differences which is needed to highlight. The difference that Prolimatech gives is a heatpipe for GPU. It is a pretty good heatsink that is GTX4x0 compatible.

The size of MK-13 is around 205x99.8mmx43.5. It weighs 550 grams.With such dimensions, it presents itself as a relatively compact in the longitudinal direction but allows itself a double slot format when installed on the graphics card. It uses a nickel plated copper base, which removes the heat via 6 of 6 mm heat pipes also copper plated through a multitude of aluminum fins. The surface of the base is protected by a plastic that must first be removed. Its surface is smooth without being mirrored. Each blade consists of two units crimped around the heat pipes. Positioned vertically, it draws a flat surface as a whole and slightly curved in the middle between two stripes that run throughout the surface of the radiator.