Thread: Need help to fit Noctua NH-D14

Need help to fit Noctua NH-D14

I just got this cpu fan and need some help to fit it on my cpu. I have Intel Core i3 cpu. I got this entire pack, but I am not able to get the instructions correctly. Just need some basic tips, so that I should not broke it while fitting. Second thing is I am looking for changes in performance after adding this cpu fan. I need some old test for that. What are the performance gains of this cpu cooler. How can I get more advantage out of it. I do not overclock on frequent basis, but for some limited time when I play games. So at that time I had noticed my cpu fan spinning at full speed. Now this might adjust my performance to some extent which can also improve my overclocking conditions.

Re: Need help to fit Noctua NH-D14

You have to just adjust those clips properly so that you can adjust the heatsink on the cpu. There are proper instructions already given with the box. It contains the usual to start fixing kits AMD and Intel. Then there is a manual consisting of two manuals, one corresponding to the left to install on Intel platform and the other right for AMD. You have to go through the same properly to understand the steps of fixing it. You must ensure that the heatsink is fitted properly on your cpu without any loose connection. It is a bit heavy heatsink and also consume more space.

You have apply thermal paste over the cpu so that you can fit it firmly. The mounting kit is rather small in number of parts, and for good reason since Noctua reuses the backplate. The first installation step is thus just unscrew the original frame placed around the socket, then screw in place the two grab bars provided by Noctua, not forgetting to put the white plastic washers for spacers . This is necessary for the firm connection of the heatsink. Thermal paste is an important aspect that you must take care. You can get the same easily.

For screwing the same onto the bars you have to remove the middle fan,. Also note that Thermaltake has once again thought of using retaining screws which are secured to the base of the radiator. This socket to the base without back plate, use one provided by Noctua, but is also designed for 775 and 1366. As the distances are however not the same between these formats, it must be done in the right place at the corner of the rods of the back plate, handling really not easy to do if you do not have full access to the back of your motherboard. Once the plate is positioned at the rear and the 4 rods placed, do not make a wrong move because these rods will be supportive of all that once all screwed.

There is no big deal in fixing this heatsink. There are visual instructions on the manual. The other way is to get good tutorial video on youtube. There are ample of available already. This will give you a visual concept of how to fix the same. All you need is to properly unscrew items and place them properly on the cpu. The heatsink is design to fit most of the socket. So that is not a matter of caring. It is a good power supply and the performance of the same is also better. You can check the same by running out games. It will reduce the cpu heat to an great extent. The temperature can vary as per the usage and life time of the heatsink.

When you open the box of Noctua NH-D14 you get a three plastic bags, a screwdriver, a logo Noctua adhesive, heat-conductive paste NT-H1 and instructions. In the first bag Intel Set find everything you need to mount the heat-sink on socket 775 from Intel and the second has AMD Set. There are the pieces to mount the heat-sink on socket and AMD in the third. Do not forget to carry out a temperature check after that. You can try the same with different software's and games. he two fans are also equipped with a voltage regulator to prevent it from functioning at maximum speed and a Y-cable to connect both fans to a single attack on the motherboard .