Thread: Need advice for w/Sony STR-DX835

Need advice for w/Sony STR-DX835

Actually the thing is that I do not want to buy this w/Sony STR-DX835 but the thing is that I am already having this w/Sony STR-DX835. I need advice working on this; the problem is that I was thinking of resoldering the audio amp module and I am thinking this because I am experiencing shutdowns and also find that many of the solder joints that are on the main amp and also on the center, rear or on subwoofer amp boards are having some sort of problem. I mean to say that I am able to here cracking sound. One more thing that I have found is that my rear channel is not working currently. This is only one problem that I have mentioned. The other problem that I have facing is bigger one. The problem is that I am having sub woofer that is connected and at the time of HD input LFE indicator is jumping from 1 bar to 3 bars, and as far as I know this is opposing to the liner transition. Because of this I am facing problem in output; I mean to say that I am hearing distorted sound.

Re: Need advice for w/Sony STR-DX835

If I am not wrong currently you are thinking of buying whole receiver, but that is not the solution for this because I do not thing that you will get all the right parts. As far as I know this machine older than 15 years and nobody can provide you the parts of this w/Sony STR-DX835. So for solving the problem that you are facing you have to re-solder that thing. You are right on the node that you are hearing crackling sound because of the problem in soldering. If you are a good tech then you can fix this problem by your own for this you just need to trace out the connection. For repairing this thing you do not require any parts for this but just some sort of manipulation or fixing the circuit board. I hope that this will help you.

Before providing you any kind of solution I must be clear on my aspects. I am saying this I am having some doubts related to the query you have asked. First doubt is that what is the meaning of HD input in your case, because as per my knowledge w/Sony STR-DX835 does not have any HDMI. The other thing is that if you are having analog L/R audio input then you might be overloading the input and this will definitely cause issue. I hope that your w/Sony STR-DX835 is having some sort of ProLogic receivers for avoiding this thing or controlling this thing. Other option that you can try is to turn down the output at the point of source that can also work. I am saying this thing because as per my knowledge non HD source have less dynamic range and it will not overload the input but remember one thing that this is not applicable for digital audio input.

Thank you for the response that you have given and I have tried the things that you have suggested. It worked well for some time but after a few weeks same problem started again. Now I am thinking of going for other new device. So now I need advice for buying the new one, which will be better to have and will cause me little problem. I have searched for the devices but I am not satisfied with the devices that I have seen. If you can provide me some option for buy a similar kind of device then it would be great. I will be waiting for your reply and thanks in advance for any relate reply.

I will suggest you to go for this STR-V828X because in particular it is commitment to Wake, I had no speakers at that time was used (WS-T505). In addition, the STR-V828X good design was one of the reasons for choosing. 5.1ch home as well and thus it! I was pleased with, after a while DTS-ES and MPEG-2 AAC it emerges with a new sound formats, such as STR-V828X every day. In addition, it becomes so real to learn and use, and comes more and more connected devices, and component video. If you think that it becomes it is not sufficient then thing again because it is having AV receiver. I know there are people from the model, this high-end audio component of the SONY ES series in one point, a thorough high-quality design. It also provides, the response to the new sound formats, as well as newly developed and equipped with a DSP, which has an extremely power-output component video jacks. Such as liquid crystal display part 2 more rows, very attractive in terms of design it like it was AV receiver.

If you are thinking of buying a new one then it will be better to go for the best one. The STR-VA555ES is more powerful, but by my AV consider replacement of the receiver, STR-VA555ES seemingly perfect and there were some issues with (left). Large backlit LCD is nice; AV is a great two-way remote control that also receives the signal from the receiver. As their focus on basic design, first hard disk recorder (SVR-715) also gave up much to buy because of the design. However, SONY of the AV receiver can be used for this if you want operate this thing by remote. In addition, 6.1ch in the main, 7.1ch can support the things well. Since that time, already was aiming for the realization of 7.1ch, 6.1ch. Once, in devising a connection 7.1ch I can cope with it, but it should be stereo. The newly-announced STR-VZ555ES, 7.1ch not only compatible, but it is redesigned to provide more functionality. In addition, DTS 96/24, including format and are also compatible with newer sounds, some of us worth the wait just finished in the AV receiver. So now you are having the better idea which one to go for.