Thread: Trim support with Intel 120 GB G2 drive

Trim support with Intel 120 GB G2 drive

Hello friends, I am in bit confusion state as I am not able to find whether Intel 120 GB G2 drive supports Trim function or not? As, I have a knowledge that trim function will work only if there is SSD drive. I don’t know whether it true or not? I don’t any idea to use this drive as I never used it before. Is it true that this drive should not be formatted? I don’t how this drive will perform? I wanted to whether this drive will support as a primary boot or not? If anyone is having any information about these queries then please let me know.

Re: Trim support with Intel 120 GB G2 drive

Well, I like to release your tension by telling that Intel 120 GB G2 dive has a trim function. Infact, all the G2 drives have trim function in it. The basic thing for running this function this drive is that you must have a windows 7 installed in your system as operating system. You can run this trim function manually if you are having Intel toolbox. It will automatically update the trim function if you are having an Intel toolbox. I am pretty sure that Intel 120 GB G2 drive I having a trim function in it.

I also agree that Intel 120 GB G2 drive is having a trim function in it. You can also use a default driver MSAHCI driver, but the important thing is that you must have windows 7 as your operating system. You can also install Intel RST driver if you have an Intel controller. With help of these drivers you can easily access trim function in Intel 120 GB G2 drive. All the G2 drive is having the trim function support which can be accessed by this driver.

There is no doubt about Intel 120 GB G2 drive having a trim function support. You can also use the toolbox which will help you schedule the trim function to run automatically. I also think that you may also need BIOS to AHCI mode in order to get a maximum performance in your system. This will boost the performance of trim in your system. The main point is that the Intel toolbox which also provides a system configuration tuner which has feature that will automatically catch windows 7.

The problem that you might face is that will be outside the toolbox. The toolbox performs it work automatically where you did not have any problem. But outside the toolbox in SSD drive you will find that it does not improve the condition instead it’s completely a waste of time according. Image can be saved on the different disk which back tool is very much simple to use in windows 7.