Thread: Can I install Non HP HDD in VA7110

Can I install Non HP HDD in VA7110

I have a Seagate FC HDD and want to use it in VA7110. Hp supports a disk which I have but problem is that there difference in firmware, HP use his firmware on HDDs, means after they buy the HDDs from Seagate they would change the Firmware. So now just want to know how I can install this hard disk in HP VA7110. If anybody having idea then please let me know, and how can I do secure installation with this hard disk. Give me steps for changing firmware by myself.

Re: Can I install Non HP HDD in VA7110

As per my knowledge changing a firmware is long process and you need to be technically sound for this process. I have some steps for changing a firmware of Seagate hard drives that are:
    • Go on the "Start" button on the bottom-left corner of the screen.
    • In the window that pops up, click "My Computer" or just "Computer." one more windows will show up with an icon for your hard drive.
    • Click right button the hard drive icon and click the "Properties" option.
    • This will inform you what model your hard drive is.E.g., your hard drive might be ST31500341AS.Open your internet browser. Go on official website of Seagate and press "Enter" on the keyboard. Stay for the webpage to load. Click on “Firmware" and your model number in the select box on the upper right hand corner of the webpage and press "Enter" on the keyboard.
    • Using the example from Step 1, type in "Firmware ST31500341AS".go on the initial link that is returned in the search results.
    • Place the firmware update. Click twice the update. Click the "Download Firmware Update Utility" connection to initiate downloading. Click yes on any pop-up boxes that you may see.
    • Open the new firmware file by double clicking the file that you downloaded in Step 3. Complete the installation by accepting all of the default questions that are asked during the installation process

For this one idea you can follows that you can get back of firm ware of the previous hard disk and then you can put on new hard disk which you want, for that you can,
    • Decide the model and serial number of your Seagate hard drive.
    • Read your manual for this information.
    • Spot your browser to the Seagate Serial number checker website.
    • Put your hard drive's serial number into the website, and then fill your all data.
    • Choose the number pertaining to your drive's model number on the website that appears.
    • Download the firmware installing utility given to you on the next website.
    • Keep the installer on your computer in the area of your selection.

I have basic idea about firmware that is you can only change firmware of any device when you have authority for that otherwise you need to contact with manufacturer service center. As per my knowledge in computing, and electronics firmware is a term frequently used to indicate the fixed, usually rather small, programs or data structures that internally holds different electronic devices. You can take examples like remote controls, memory cards, mobiles phones, calculators, digital cameras, hard disks and keyboards.

Here you can take back of firm ware by restoring the router's firmware. Make sure the PC and router are connected and powered on. Put the source CD that came packaged with the WNR2000 into the CD drive of the computer. Select "Supporting Software" and then "Netgear Firmware Recovery tool" when the Autorun screen come. Follow the onscreen order to restore the firmware; follow a second set of onscreen instructions to restore your configuration after the firmware restoration is complete.