Thread: Need suggestion on Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler

Need suggestion on Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler

I have decided to over clock the CPU so that I can have the games played that really need to have the High frequency to play the games here. Well what are the things that you all can suggest you at the moment with this decision? Well I am new to this Over clocking group but I really want to play the games and hence will be happy if you all can suggest me the way of doing it. I know one thing for sure that before going to over clocking one need to have the Cooler and I have seen this one here in my case. I want to have suggestion on this Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler please let me know something about this too.

Re: Need suggestion on Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler

Well to start with I think that the cooler that you have mentioned here is not that correct, the reason for this is that I have not read much about this and I have not even noticed the same here a lot and I think that it will be great if you can have something other than this. Well I have heard names of some of the cooler and I would like to name them here: Prolimatech Megahalems CPU Cooler; Thermalright Ultra120 Extreme CPU Cooler and Zalman CNPS9700 LED CPU Cooler. Well if at all you want to have the coolers in your case then I think that you should have one among the above. Well before going with the overclocking the most important think that you need to have is the cooling mechanism with you and I am happy that you had it on the first priority.

Well I am of some different opinion. I am saying this because I have seen that this Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler has been specially designed to work for the OverClockers and I think that it will be the perfect match that you are looking for in your case. Actually the Company Thermaltake is making up the parts that can help maintain the temperatures of the CPU under control and hence I think that you should go with this and should not avoid this at all. Yes it is true that it has not been high lighted that much but let me tell you that this is the thing that can help you overclock the CPU of yours in a much better manner. For further reading if you want you can see this link for the clarification: Dose Thermaltake V1 cooler is fit for overclocking

You have mentioned that you are new to the Overclocking then let me tell you that overclocking is an art that requires a lot of experience behind and if not done properly then you are bound to get caught with difficulties here. While proceeding with the Overclocking you are required to check for a lot of things here even a slight change in the frequency can cause the destruction of the whole rig. Well I am telling you the fact like what will happen if you do not do it properly. If you are ready to go with the consequences then I think you can proceed here with this.

I will try to help you with the Overclocking here and see if you get this done in a proper manner. Please see the steps below:
    • First of all please be equipped with all the tools that you may require like screwdriver, needle-nose pliers, motherboard manual, cooling hardware, etc.
    • See for the BIOS and the Jumpers
    • Also before proceeding see what is the clock-speed of the Motherboard
    • Before you go with the Overclocking please make sure that you have all the applications running well on the system.
    • Please make a back up copy of all the DATA that you have on your system if something wrong happens you can have the backup with you.
    • Now turn off the system
    • Unplug all the Wires and then also unplug all the peripheral components that are connected to the CPU
    • Now just open the case of the CPU
    • Look for the Jumpers on the Motherboard that are responsible for controlling the speed of the CPU
    • Position the Jumpers in the right manner by following the instruction on the Manual of the Motherboard and place it in the proper slot there.
    • Now comes in the CPU heatsink and the other cooling equipments. Place all of them in the proper slots so that you do not miss on anything.
    • Now close the cover of the CPU
    • Reassemble the CPU and restart the system
    • See if you can have the system started and if not then try to lower the clock speed.

Hope that you loved reading the article here.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions here that you have made here and I think that I will be able to have the overclock on my system very easily and much comprehensively. Well let me tell you that I am a beginner and I do not mind to give this a start here. Well I just wanted to have some valuable suggestion on this topic of Overclocking and I think that the last post here has really helped here a lot with the situation of yours.