Thread: CPU fans dripping oil

CPU fans dripping oil

I was having some issue with the onboard video card of mine and hence I changed the Motherboard as I was having that under warranty. All was going well but today when I opened up the case I found that my fans there were covered with oil and I was really horrified by seeing this. What in the world is this? I really do not have any idea about this and will be happy if you all can help me with this soon. I have never seen this thing before and will be happy if you can come up with the suggestions soon on this. Please try to come up with the solution soon.

Re: CPU fans dripping oil

The thing that you have mentioned above is really weird and I think that it will be great if you can please send us the images of the Fan fully covered with oil and let us see if I can come up here with solution here. Well I have also never heard this type of thing and will have to do some kind of research in this matter. Please come up with the images soon and will really help you out with the situation that you are stuck with at the moment.

Well let me tell you that you have not get the Motherboard of your replaced and I think that they have just changed the Component here that was faulty and hence I think that it will be great if you can have the replacement done again here and see if what I have mentioned can be the case here. Well that is the only thing that can be done and if the thing is under the warrant then it is the best thing that one should go with. Please make your way soon so that you do not run out of the warranty. Please have the bill with you while making this move.

Just clean up the Oil here in your case and then see if the oil is yet dripping and if that is really oozing out from there then I think that there is no other way except for the replacement and if you want to have this for free and if not then I think that you will have to have the brand new fan in your case and I do not think that you will like that at all. Well please try to have that thing replaced on the first occasion and then let me know about the same.

Oil coming out of the CPU fan well that was the title that took me to this thread and let me tell you that I have also face the similar situation as of yours. Well in my case however the Motherboard was old and I was also out of the Warranty and hence went to but the new one for me. But you have mentioned that you have the Motherboard under warranty then I think that they might have fitted an old fan since the leakage issue is always seen with the old fans and I would recommend you to see if at all you can have the Fan replaced here. Enter the service center and please explain them the whole thing and I am pretty sure that they will come up with something really useful here. Please let me know about the same.

Thanks for the suggestions but as I had mentioned that the Motherboard that I was using was not the old one and I had the Motherboard for the replacement well I think that you have said the correct thing that they have not replaced the Motherboard but have just repaired the faulty component and I will really see if they have replaced the Fan with something older one. Now the thing is that I am having two fans in the CPU and now I have seen that the other Fan is also leaking the Oil. What can be the reason for this? I will definitely go and ask for the replacement firmly this time.