Thread: SLI/XFire Cooling Question

SLI/XFire Cooling Question

Hi, I am thinking to build the SLI system but I am wondering in Xfire and SLI systema because it is too hot to resist, putting this two hot things into the system very next each other might create the problem. It will drive up the temperature to high extend. Is there any kind of way to pull out the heat from these two cards? Is this temperature will cause the system or i need to do something regarding this? Please help me.

Re: SLI/XFire Cooling Question

The stock 470 fan profile is fine for sli. It will become hot while running, but these things are intended to take the heat. The things I eradicate on my first sli: if we run 1-2 monitors, plug them into the bottom card, it stays cooler and when only single card has to work it keeps the temperature at constant stage. You don't expect the distinct card temperature, you've literally doubled the heat load in that area, the temperature will get arise, expect it. Two fans at once CAN be LOUD, if you have bad case ventilation you may finish up sadly with your dual 470's. ZOMG, the performance boost from sli is quite good, but don't expect 100% more frames.50-80% is more sensible, though it can be lower and will higher on occasion.

I visualize it would, so long as you have other airflow to get the air that pulls in out. The remaining of what I said still holds true though. I don't think it’s a real temperature you have noticed if it’s accurate then it must have been shutdown at this temperature. Will you tell us how you came to know about this? I mean is it any temp monitoring program or BIOS temperature.

The heatsinks rely much more on good case airflow compared to a CPU cooler fan. The latest passive cooling set-ups on most new motherboards are very tough and do not require extra fans. Depending on the CPU cooler, you would not get any straight cooling on the motherboard heatsinks anyway. A side mounted cpu cooler/fan set-up could add extra cooling to the mobo, but would not make much variation if your case has good overall flow.