Thread: In my windows Canoscan 5000F does not work

In my windows Canoscan 5000F does not work

Will there be several fixes for the Canoscan 5000F at some time. It's older, additional than tranquil works moderately well for the slide scanning I do. I am in the central point of a project of scanning 30 years of slides to digitize them, so if present is several methods to get it running I would much be grateful for it. At this time I not am able to afford to purchase an additional scanner. I had recently or immediately got and utilized Epson Perfection 2450 scanner and am endeavoring to utilize it on SUSE 11.1, additional than there seems to be no method to create it run. I have endeavor several lines of attack primarily, I might get as far as having a preview of the scanned I need some additional information regarding this topic.

Re: In my windows Canoscan 5000F does not work

The Canon is not generate a driver for Windows 7. I have comprised and been reserved hanging on here’s their respond to my enduring enquiry by means of the intention of has disappeared unanswered until today. "Most of them be grateful for your continued correspondence regarding your Canoscan 5000F.Regrettably, Windows 7 drivers are not premeditated for your product. Most of them make an apology for the cause inconvenience to this causes you. They anticipate this information is ready to lend a hand to you. Give pleasure to let us be familiar by means of if most of them be able to be of several further assistance by means of your CAnoscan 5000F. Do you encompass a Pro or Ultimate Windows 7 version or description. If so, inaugurate XP mode and endeavor working with the scanner utilizing that.

The most excellent advice most of them be able to give at this time is to endeavor the Vista driver for your scanner. Hit it off here for the driver. Regrettably, Canon does not encompass a Windows 7 driver and most of them do not be familiar by means of when or if there determine to be one. If the Vista driver does not run for you, create certain by means of Canon hold up or maintain to observe if a driver determine to be coming almost immediately or if they determine to discontinue supporting the apparatus. The Windows 7 upgrading Advisor gleefully says. "The manufacturer make available software to utilize this apparatus on Windows 7 acquire the software free commencing the manufacturer's website".

I totally disagree. If they had to do by means of the intention of, it would be so many endeavors by means of the intention of they would by no means be capable to come out by means of an innovative version or description of Windows. Additionally by means of the intention of is similar to saying by means of the intention of each manufacturer be supposed to create certain by means of the intention of the tires I previously own be supposed to fit on the innovative thing he's selling. The dependability for compatibility concerning hardware/software and Windows has everlastingly been by means of the intention of of the manufacturer of the hardware or software, and by means of the intention of is precisely the method it be consideration to be. And the manufacturer gets to make a decision whether to provide by means of the intention of compatibility (write a innovative driver for it, etc.) or not. And if the creation is old sufficient by means of the intention of the manufacturer is no longer selling many, they determine to indisputably decide not to make available by means of the intention of compatibility.

One additional point it's the accountability of the user (you, me, and the take it easy of us) to locate out what the compatibility circumstances is for the innovative operating system they considering and the hardware/software they previously has. So in the expectations, previous to you do such an upgrade, be certain by means of the intention of you have comprised and completed the appropriate research to locate out what software you encompass is not well-matched, and what hardware drivers do not exist, and consequently what software and hardware you determine to have comprised to replace if you upgrade. Well, yes and no. Make a note of by means of the intention of there are two drivers scheduled. There is a WIA driver and a TWAIN driver. Did you endeavor the TWAIN driver, particularly. The XP versions or descriptions of the Twain driver and Canoscan toolbox (commencing Canon's site) install and run completely happily commencing from within an XP Mode virtual PC.

I have comprised many Canonscan 5000F scanners and not be able to get drivers for windows 7 x64 or Vista X64 Canon tell me item for consumption drivers are merely support for 2 generations successfully creating by means of the intention of the lifespan of the product. This is a model purchased connecting 2004 and 2006.The SA Rep tells me they determine to not be creating drivers for these models. I am actually irritated and determine to no longer purchase any Conon Pruducts anticipate somebody finds a fix as this is costing a fortune as numerous scanners determine to necessitate to be replaced or els windows 7 requirements to be downgraded back to XP. These are not contemptible scanners. I loaded down the x64 driver for the Canoscan 5600f commencing the Canon hold up or maintain site and attached by means of the intention of to my device.