Thread: Arctic MX 3 or MX 4

Arctic MX 3 or MX 4

My AC5 and Noctua tube are still vacant and I am thinking to buy a Arctic MX 3 but then my mind changes to the MX 4 as there is not much difference between the prices of both the paste. Can you guys help me to decide that which should I buy as will it be worthy to spend bit more money or shall I say to expect bit more from the MX 4 instead of considering the price difference? I just want to know the performance of both the paste as which would be more reliable and long lasting? I am having a Noctua NH-D14.

Re: Arctic MX 3 or MX 4

I would be recommending you for buying the MX-4 as the latest formula Arctic MX-4 gives an optimal attribute of thermal conductivity and small thermal resistance. These uniqueness do facilitate to superior disperse the heat from the basics. The Arctic MX-4 is deliberated for easy application. Its texture is thick sufficiently to widen without difficulty and on components with your fingers.

Arctic MX 3 an improved version that we propose here Arctic Cooling, with microparticles of carbon to ensure maximum thermal conductivity, measured at 8.2 W / mK. This paste offers a temperature drop of 7 ° C compared to the generic thermal paste, and 2 ° C compared to other pasta brand. The substance is electrically non-conductive, it does not contain metal and therefore pose no risk of short-circuit in case of mishandling. Arctic Cooling announces fare of 8.95 euros to the dealer, for a tube of 4 grams.

The ARCTIC MX-3 is not metal, not electrically conductive solutions does not cause damage components if accidentally leaked on them. It eliminates any risk of short-circuit and provides more protection for CPUs, graphics cards and other applications between the semiconductor components. The Artic MX-3 is a thermal solution really uncomplicated that you can count on.

I guess thermal paste won't be having any problem unless and until you have maintained your computer system with the proper position for long time span. Desktop machines should not be habitat to change their place frequently as they are not so friendly to behave portable with them like laptops. Even though there are possibilities to move desktop systems easily using the trolley but still it is not recommended as such paste does not work for long time by such migrations. This kind of problems does not gets noticed while moving your machine but later on they show their symptoms.