Thread: Removing double sided tape residue from the Corsair H50.

Removing double sided tape residue from the Corsair H50.

Recently I have upgraded my desktop and installed a new operating system. I have purchased a new Corsair H50 for CPU cooling. The Corsair H50 provides you the feature of liquid cooling with very less installation processes. I wanted to remove the double sided tape of the Corsair H50 but I don’t know how to remove it. I want a solution describing the steps to remove it.

Re: Removing double sided tape residue from the Corsair H50.

You can remove the double side tape residue of Corsair H50 very easily by making use of Scraping. You can scrape off the double side tape residue to remove it. You can even make use of clean razor blade and clean the residue by moving the blade across it. Do not scratch the residue; gently scrape off to remove the residue. Until the entire residue has been removed you will have to repeat this step. If you are working on a porous surface then you can make use of window cleaner to remove the residue without any mark left behind.

To remove the double sided tape residue from the back you can make use of some chemicals. Chemicals such as Goo Gone have the capacity to remove any type of residue. This adhesive remover doesn’t damage the surface. Spray the chemical around the residue and wait for some time. Then you can take a cloth, rub the adhesive and it will be removed.

You can remove the double side tape of the Corsair H50 by making use of steam. The steam loosens the tape; after the tape has been loosened you can easily remove it. While making use of steam to clean the surface of Corsair H50 makes sure that it will not be get damaged by heat or water. If some pieces of tape are remained then you can remove it by simply scrapping off.

Thanks for providing me the solution for removing double sided tape. With the help of the above solution given I have removed the tape from the back of the Corsair H50. I am having laptop of DELL; sometimes my CPU fan makes a lot of noise. I need a solution through which I can reduce fan noise in my laptop easily.

You can reduce the fan noise in the laptop by following the steps given below:
    1. You need to download and install computer fan-control software which is a freeware utility available. This utility is used for controlling the fan.
    2. Double click on the installed software and browse to the main CPU fan. Select the fan and go to its controller settings.
    3. In the controller settings you will have to turn down its speed so that it stops making noise.