Thread: Which PWM Fans to improve the cooling for AMD processor

Which PWM Fans to improve the cooling for AMD processor

I have presently assembled myself a system around the AMD Phenom II X6 1045T. I fitted an Arctic Cooling Freezer 8 Pro rev 2 at first, but it appeared to be struggling with any over clocks (this chip o/c from 2.8 GHz to 3.7Ghz immediately by the Asus over clocking software on Auto mode). So I've fixed the Corsair H70 - immediate huge drop in temperature, very remarkable. However I've lost the capability to manage the fan speeds via software. By searching in Google I found out that I need PWM fans. I have the Akasa PWM splitter cable to exercise on the 2 fans, so I'm searching for recommendations should I need to buy this or not- I need silence when not in so much stress, I never mind sound when gaming etc. Anybody point me to several quality of PWM fans which is should be 120mm.

Re: Which PWM Fans to improve the cooling for AMD processor

I think that there are lot of pwm fans these days but none of them capable of working at least 2 to 3 months. Because quality stuff are not good in the current fans. The high-quality fans are each and every one standard so they can be restricted with voltage changes. I can advise you that using the auto over clocking function is bad. They exercise surplus voltage and it's not tuned for your precise chip. Make sure with dolk’s AMD over clocking guide and attempt to get it in manage that way.

Yeah introducing new pwm fans to increase the efficiency of the cooling is a nice thing. You can get lot of pwm fan from the computer retailer store. But most of those are not efficient enough hence they are get damage quickly due to low quality. There fans available which are of good quality. I can suggest you to buy the arctic pwn fans, corsair fans which are reliable fans if the efficiency matter you just try to get the best one from the retailer.

I just altered motherboard from DFI to Asus as well as lost the capability to control my 3-pin fans with software so I now have these Delta pwm fans. They are not as quiet as my 1011 San access at same speeds but I do consider they are a quality fan. The Deltas look good, but almost certainly overkill - plus I can't appear to locate any from a UK seller. The Cooler master Excalibur appear good on paper, but I've observe a couple of posts slating them, but no reasons given.