Thread: Windows 7: driver not recognized by Dell XPS M1210 webcam

Windows 7: driver not recognized by Dell XPS M1210 webcam

Hi all, I am using the Dell XPS M1210 from about 6 to 7 months. Originally I was having Windows XP installed and after that I changed to Windows Vista and recently I have upgraded to Windows 7. After installing that, my computer fan was creating very high noise and o fix that, I opened it and cleaned that. It fixes the problem but after that I found a new problem. This time my Dell XPS M1210 webcam stopped working. It shows me the message which says no cam is currently installed. All the other hardware’s attached to it are working fine. I don’t know what the problem with it is. It never shows me any issue when I was using Windows XP and Vista. Please help me.

re: Windows 7: driver not recognized by Dell XPS M1210 webcam

I think that the driver for the webcam is not installed and if it is installed then it is corrupted and that is why it is not working. My suggestion to you is to uninstall the existing driver and install it again. See if that solves the problem or not? If that is not able to solve the issue then you can search for the latest driver available on manufacturer’s site. If it is available then download and install that. This will definitely solve the problem if it is related to the driver.

It can be due to lose connection in the motherboard. You should open your computer and make sure that all the connections are tight. Specially the one for the webcam. If any of the connection is lose then you should remove that and connect that properly again. Motherboard is very delicate and so you have to do it very gently.

There may be problem with the Windows 7 operating system that you have installed. You should install it again and check whether it solves the problem or not? If possible then use a different copy of the setup this time. I am saying this because the copy of the setup that you are using may be corrupted. Just give it a try. I hope this will solve the problem for you.

The port that is used to connect the webcam to the motherboard may not be working properly. I think that you should try to use some other slot and see if it solves the problem or not. Make sure that all the drivers are up to date. Just do these two things and this can solve the issue that you are facing with the webcam.

Re: Windows 7: driver not recognized by Dell XPS M1210 webcam

Before doing anything else with your system, you should contact the manufacturer and ask then for the issue. They know almost all the possible faults and possible solution that can be done to resolve this issue. This will be the best way to fix the problem. If your laptop is under warranty then they will fix this problem for free.