Thread: Need driver for HP 720c printer

Need driver for HP 720c printer

I have been using the HP 720c printer which i purchased about 8 years back. The printer is still running like a brand new printer. The problem is that i have reformatted my hard drive and now i am not able to get the drivers CD which i got with the printer and hence i would like to know that from where i will get the drivers of this printer. Even i have not made any backup of the drivers.

Re: Need driver for HP 720c printer

You should try to download the printer drivers from the HP website. After downloading the drivers install the same on your computer you will have to add the printer again. Then try to print the test page the printer should be back to work now. If not then try checking the printer cables either of the two solution will help you to get it back to work.

Thanks for the reply i followed your instructions and went to the HP website, the HP wesbite says that windows update have the drivers for this printer , Whenever i try to add this printer the windows update does not find a printer driver i think that there is no answer for this problem atleast windows update does not help me at all. please suggest some other solution.

If you are not able to find the drivers on the HP website it might be because the printer model which you are using is very old. I would advice you to check for this printer driver at your local vendor or at a super market or a place where they might be using this kind of printer. Also you can check for this at a hardware professional who is residing nearby your place or whom you might know. After getting the drivers simply compress it and mail it to yourself.

Your windows update is not able to find the drivers i think is because you are not using a windows operating system which is an updated one. since you have mentioned that you are using a windows XP operating system which you might have installed just now hence you might not have an updated your operating system. Try to update your operating system atleast to service pack 2. After this update the problem should be fixed.