Thread: Virus Scan causes Freezing in computer

Virus Scan causes Freezing in computer

My computer begins freezing when I use it for more than an hour. It was fine when before launching the scan. When I launched the virus scan I took nearly 3 hours after that the computer has automatically shut down. When I boot up it in safe mode I got several messages.
    • Address a problem with Intel graphics driver
    • Intel graphics driver has stopped working properly.
    • A driver update, if available, might prevent this problem from recurring.

I didn’t able to fix it till now. I have cleaned up all the dust inside the CPU but didn’t make it solved. Do you have any suggestion about this?

Re: Virus Scan causes Freezing in computer

Do you have any integrated graphic card on your motherboard? It seems to me that it is the issue of temperature either in CPU or GPU. Something may be getting overheated and due to this your computer is irregularly freezing. In order to solve this first check the temperature. Download a good temperature monitor program called Core Temp for CPU and MSI Afterburner for GPU (if you have one). Check them and you will find the solution by yourself.

It seems to me that the current drivers for chipset will no longer supported. I think you need to download and install the latest drivers. When you were running that virus scan it might be possible that some of the infected system or driver filed deleted by a virus program and due to this the system unable to respond. If this is not the problem then either your Graphic card or the motherboard might be malfunctioned. Did you try the other PCI slots for cards? It seems to me that the Express slot somewhat get damaged. Reset the CMOS if required.

If it is the issue of the motherboard’s interated graphic drivers then I urge you re-install the OS once again to get rid of it other than struggling in applying individual solution. This won’t help you at all. Put the motherboard driver CD that came along with it and see whether the system will be able to install it or not. You can also try the recovery CD in case. Keep your computer in the Cool environment. Harsh environment will damage the sensitive parts of the motherboard if they get overheat than the normal condition. Also check the power supply from the PSU to graphics card.