Thread: 0xc00000e9 unexpected I/O error has occurred

0xc00000e9 unexpected I/O error has occurred

yest i dropped my sony vaio laptop on ground and it was turned on like nthing happend,today i tried to turn it on but i got this msg:
    windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer..
    and long details like make sure any removable stoarge is properly connected and then restart your computer(tried nthin happened)
    info: an unexpected I/O error has occurred
    wt i should do pllllz i need ur help,i don't wanna lose my files on laptop
    Last edited by mahasalah; 09-12-2010 at 06:26 PM.

Re: plllllllllllz i need ur help :(

Quote Originally Posted by mahasalah View Post
    yest my sony vaio laptop fell from my hand on ground and it was turned on like nthing happend,today i tried to turn it on but i got this msg:
    windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer..
    and long details like make sure any removable stoarge is properly connected and then restart your computer(tried nthin happened)
    info: an unexpected I/O error has occurred
    wt i should do pllllz i need ur help,i don't wanna lose my files on laptop
    Well I know how we feel when our laptop fell from our hand, Well basically I/O error are related HD issues. (Could be Drives or the cabling) Did you receive any prompted to restore your computer ?

Re: 0xc00000e9 unexpected I/O error has occurred

i got an windows error recovery (startup repair) i chose 2 launch startup repair ang i got the msg above
    & the same happened when i chose to start windows normally..
    I would appreciate any help,thanks..

First of all can you please tell us which operating system are you using? You can try to do a system repair by using the windows disc. If startup repair is not able to find windows installation then try to run it to 3 to 4 times. You can also try to unplug all usb devices before starting windows and if that doesnt help either then something on the hard drive was messed up. So try to go into safe mode and to get into it hold F8 at boot to get the boot menu and then select safe mode. If your computer boots up to safe mode then on the desktop press Start button >> RUN >> Type CMD and put the below command:

chkdsk c: /f

Let us know about this and reply back your results.

Hi Even same thing happened with me. My laptop fall down and after next boot it could not start windows normally and prompted for repair system. But after selecting to repair it gave me same error related to Hard Drive..
    My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium and Sony VAIO vpccw17fx
    Also I am not able to boot in safe mode either. It comes at PNP.SYS and can not proceed. For one time it went to repair system and it could not complete Hard Disk repair option in System Repair -> Hardware Repair -> Tool.
    It seems that my hard drive cable connection is broken or some other hardware is broken. In that case how come it boots system repair?
    Please suggest if you have any solution.
    Please reply how can I resolve this problem. let me know if you need any details from my side.
    Thanks
    Last edited by jayesh.gohil; 20-07-2011 at 10:31 AM.

Hi jayesh.gohil,

I think that this could be related to a corrupted MBR (master boot record). I also experienced 2 minute boot times, after removing a partition (didn't need Win7/XP dual boot any more). Restored the MBR from a backup (made with Acronis true image), and voila: booting in 12 seconds again and laptop is running fit and fine as before.

I have System restore DVD. But the thing is it is not able to repair also due to this error. When I go for Repair System it gives me error:0xc00000e9
    Please tell me exact procedure to boot from CD ROM using my recovery DVD.
    I have only Windows 7 on my laptop.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jayesh.gohil View Post
    I have System restore DVD. But the thing is it is not able to repair also due to this error. When I go for Repair System it gives me error:0xc00000e9
    Please tell me exact procedure to boot from CD ROM using my recovery DVD.
    I have only Windows 7 on my laptop.

Thanks
    I think that the error you are getting is due to a hardware problem pertaining to your computer's BIOS. Basically it is telling you that the computer is not able to reliably communicate with the hard drive. As you have no external device plugged in to your computer, there might be some drivers conflicting. You might need to remove sound card etc from BIOS. If windows does not complete startup repair then it gives option to perform system restore.

I have windows 7. I keep getting the error message: 0xc00000e9 unexpected I/O error has occured. I did remove the usb device safely, then this happened. I am new to computers so need easy to follow directions on how to fix this. Can anyone help me please?
    Thanks so much

If you want then you can try by starting your computer with the last known good configuration. To do this, when you start your computer then keep on pressing F8 key and this will let you to the advance menu. From there you will have to choose Last Known Good Configuration. I hope that this will solve the problem for you.