Thread: Canon LBP810 laser printer not detected in windows 7

Canon LBP810 laser printer not detected in windows 7

I recently brought a printer. It was suggested to me that it is a good working printer. The printer is canon LBP810 laser printer. Now i connected the printer to the CPU. After connecting i wanted to run the installation CD of the printer. Now during the installation i found that i was not able to continue with the installation and the windows 7 just refused to install it. I also tried auto updating the driver of the printer from the internet but still it just refused to get installed. Now what should I do in such situation. Just help me out with this one.

Re: Canon LBP810 laser printer not detected in windows 7

Have you checked whether it is compatible with the windows 7 operating system. If you have not then it is your first task to check the compatibility of the printer with the windows 7 operating system. You can visit any of the windows 7 operating system website and check the compatibility of the printer. If it is compatible then only you can go ahead with the installation. Now looking at the problems that you have suggested it does not look to me as if it is compatible with the windows 7. So do have a check before you continue with anything.

If you ask me I would definitely recommend you to check whether the print spooler service is turned on. If it is off then you mus keep it on. In case if you may not be knowing about the spooler then you must go to the system panel and click on the administrative settings. In the administrative settings go to the services and search for the print spooler service. If you find print spooler. Right click on it and go to properties and turn the start up type to automatic. Now try installing the driver it will work. After you have done with the changes make sure that you have re-booted the system and make some necessary changes. Just try this solution hope it solves your problem.

If there is no compatibility issue’s with the printer then you may have corrupted the printer driver. What you can do is to fix the driver problem by troubleshooting methods. There is a separate application for the drivers which can scan your driver and it will let you know whether your driver is corrupted or not. If your driver is corrupted then probably it will fix your problem. So just try running the Microsoft application named Microsoft FIX IT and follow the step by step process it will definitely help you. So lets hope you can get the desired solution.

Thanks for your suggestion. It seems that there was the problem with the Driver. The issue is being fixed now by just running a scan of the driver. Yes it has helped now. Probably it has fixed the printer driver issue and the printer is being detected now. The printer is also working fine now and the issue is resolved. Thanks a lot for all the efforts you have put in to help me out of this problem.