Thread: iMac G5 crashes after connecting external drive or speakers

iMac G5 crashes after connecting external drive or speakers

My imac g5 was running fine from the day I have purchased it. But from yesterday it is having some problem. The problem is that when I try to connect my external hard drive with the computer, then my computer crashes randomly. Even the same thing happens when I try to connect external speaker to it. The external drive which I am trying to connect is new Seagate 2TB GoFlex external USB drive. What should i do in order to solve this issue? I need you support with this problem. SO try to provide me some solution using which I can fix this particular problem. Thanks.

Re: iMac G5 crashes after connecting external drive or speakers

Well for solving the problem I will advise you to Check System Profiler for any kind of hardware Issues. In order to do this you will have to go through the following steps. You will require opening the system profiler and after doing that you will have to click on the USB. If you are not able to see your device in the listed in the pane, the problem could be with the device or with the USB port. You can also try to reset the FireWire bus. If now you are able to see the device listed in the pane, but if does not works, then you will require to contact with the device manufacturer. So go through all this solution which are mentioned above.

There can be problem in your account, due to which you might be facing this problem. So I will suggest you to create a new account in your computer and then try to connect the external USB drive. I have told you this solution because I have faced the same problem and in my case the problem was in my account. So try it out and see what outcome you get after trying the solution. Hope have helped you.

Try to connect the hard drive to some different computer and see if it works. If the hard drive works there then definitely there is problem with your USB port. You will require changing the USB port on your machine. You can also try check whether any other device connect to you computer is conflicting with your device or not. So try out this fixes which I have suggested you and see if you are able to solve your problem or not. If you require further support on this topic, then reply me back.