Thread: how to make recovery partition in SATA hard drive

how to make recovery partition in SATA hard drive

Hi all,
    I have a Dell computer which is compatible with windows 7 platform. Along with that other specifications of my machine are Orion mother board, 2GB RAM and 256 GB hard drive. The machine is running fine till few last days ago. But suddenly I countered a problem in my machine, it performing very slowly, though whenever I tried to open any application or program from the hard drive this open but takes a lot of time. I think that the hard drive is the cause of this problem; I don’t want to replace the hard drive now. Having so many important file under that. Sometimes the machine is also responding very low during the start up. What should I do? How to boost the performance of my hard drive? Any input on this topic will be appreciated greatly.

Re: how to make recovery partition in SATA hard drive

I suggest you to full scan your machine with the update version of antivirus software application. Though the problem that you mentioned in your post is might be occurred for any virus affect. In the scan the drive I think this will definitely give you any results which affect the machine. I suggest you to go for the separate drive scan process. Open my computer and first right click on the primary drive and select the scan option. But be remembering that you are having the updated version of antivirus program in your machine. Some of the virus might not be caught if the antivirus is not up to date. In this way scan all the driver those are partitioned in your hard drive and by getting the result you might be remove that virus from your hard drive or another place of your machine. I had the similar issue i98n my machine, which was responding very slowly in almost every selection, then I did this process and now I overcome the problem.

If the problem is occurred in only the primary drive then I recommend you to defrag that particular drive. You can locate this option from control panel under system performance tab. Open the defragment application window and select the drive which one you are willing to defrag. And wait till the completion of the process. This process allows you to detect the extra spaces that the drive is allocated. May be there some files those are allocate more space than it required. Because this problem I also faced in my machine. Where the primary drive is allocate the more space than it require, but by the defrag process this spaces are be released from that particular application(s). And the hard drive is responds fast. In this process no need to recover the files from that drive to another location. If you did not found anything after defrag the drive then go for the defragment of whole drive at a time or one after another. Try with this, I hope this ill definitely help you to speed up the hard drive speed.

As per your problem that you posted I recommend you to format the drive. Though you are having so many important file in your hard drive then before that you store then in other place like any external hard drive or any other location. First of all format the secondary drives; if the problem is in secondary drive instead of the primary drive then this will help you to recover the stored file into your formatted drive quickly. But if you first format the primary drive where you install the operating system and after that you found the cause is your secondary drive then this will worthy for you, to again install the operating system into the drive and recover the files according to their appropriate drives. I think this is the only way top solve the hard drive problems without go for any other tricks, because one of my friend had the similar issue, after doing everything to solve the issue he got not nothing. Then he did this and the problem is solved.

Similar issue in my 320 GB SATA hard drive which is attached with the windows vista compatible Dell laptop. I made a partition in the hard drive to store the files. But this does not help me while the hard drive is crashed in my machine. Few days ago I found that my hard drive is crashed and this was also not allowed me to access that partition that I made for the backup. After that format the drives and still now the drive does not allowed me access it. When I double click on any drive under ,y computer it appears a pop-up window and directs me to select the open with option. What kind problem is that. My document and other folders are working fine, only the hard drive is having this issue and this is happen in all drive under the hard disk. Another problem is that I can’t see the made partition in the hard drive. What should do now, I don’t want to replace that one, is there any other tricks to solve this issue?

Attach your drive in another machine and make a recovery partition by the following information regarding this. If you’re hard drive is not completely dead in your machine then this possible, this process is possible in that drive where you are facing the problem. This partition can not installed in the drive where no windows version is installed. You can also backup the file of that drive in another location. Now for the partition you need to install any one of the partition software (like, Norton Ghost) which is available in different web sited, you just make sure that you are going for the eight one. First of all free a space fro the partition, if you are hard drive is having less space than the requirement to do this, then don’t go for this partition. This might be slow down the drive speed. It will hamper the drive. Now for the creation go to DOS command prompt, there you should type and insert "fdisk" and press ENTER. It will appear the partition configuration window, from there select first option, which is named as Create DOS partition or it named as Logical DOS Drive, select the size of the partition and press ENTER. Open the partition software application window and select recovery option, this process might take few time, depend on the size of the file which you are back up. After completion of back-up process it may require reboot the machine, after reboot confirm the recovery partition is made or not.