Thread: Windows 7 cannot detect my HP Photosmart 8050 Printer

Windows 7 cannot detect my HP Photosmart 8050 Printer

My HP Photsmart 8050 is not detected after startup, so Windows 7 won't locate the printer. (Physical setup does not work as this appear to cause connection problem with the virtual USB port formation and assignment). Have attempted HP technical "support" Have followed HP online system advice as well as have downloaded the HP 8010 series driver. But no success. My friend HL-2140 laser is identified and set up right away and works great. Help, please? I actually desire to use this printer. I have previously had to restore my beloved Visioneer 6630USB scanner and don't wish for to do the similar with my HP printer. so anyone has suggestion how can i troubleshoot this problem. help will be thankful.

Re: Windows 7 cannot detect my HP Photosmart 8050 Printer

Your printer is section of the Photosmart 8000 edition from HP. I have the similar printer and am running Windows 7 Ultimate and got my HP Photosmart 8050 to work just very well. Open the start menu then open Control Panel then select Device Manager and then place your HP Photosmart 8050 Printer in the Device Manager. Once located right selection it's listing in Device Manager as well as choose Update Driver Software. Choose option to browse the pc for Driver Software. After that select the second let me select from list alternative and then if asked to provide a device type prefer printer(s). select HP (Hewlett Packard) also select Photosmart 8400 edition and click next if you accept a message saying that installing the driver is compulsory because hardware compatibility can't be complete click yes to carry on because it's safe to perform. Device Manager will after that install the tool and it must show up in your printers list as HP Photosmart 8400 edition if it inquire you whether this should be the default click yes. Then click on yes to complete the installation.

First thing I can consider that you should be able to uninstall as well as reinstall the drivers for the HP Photosmart 8000 printer edition from the manufacturer’s website. Convince that you are downloading the drivers for the edition of Windows operating system you are running i.e. you must download the driver of the version compatible with Windows 7. If your Windows 7 is a 64 bit operating system that you are running then download and install the windows 64 bit compatible drivers for the printer from the link below.

If the above post won’t help you out the additional thing that I can suggest you for now would be to run the fasten tool within the operating system and see if that find any solution.To access the diagnostics:
    • Go to Start menu and select control panel.
    • In that select System and Security option from the list for troubleshooting the required action. In the Troubleshoot computer troubles window, select a precise job to automatically identify and fix a problem. To outlook more troubleshooters, click a category which you need.
    • So select the printer and faxes troubleshooting it will troubleshoot the printer which you need to install.
    • If the above methods did not help then get back to us with more information and we will proceed with further troubleshooting.