Thread: Dell 725 printer is unable to connect on windows 7

Dell 725 printer is unable to connect on windows 7

I am having a laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit operating system. I had upgraded my system directly from XP. But I am not able to figure out what really happened. I am not able to use my printer on the same. I am having Dell 725 printer. And this thing is now not working. I am able to use this on my netbook that still run on the old XP OS. But on the new one that has Windows 7 there is some issue. Can I export the driver from Windows XP pc and then import that in Windows 7. Will this help the printer to work.

Windows 7 might be able to get the drivers on its own. You just have to connect the printer and you will have to connect the printer first. And then go in Devices and Printer section. There click on Add printer. And then follow the wizard. You have to select the proper printer model from there and Windows will automatically download the drivers. The installation process is very simple and easy here. There is no need to search for drivers manually.

Try to check the Os version first. If it is a 64bit version then there are chances that the printer might not have proper drivers update. It is common with old models that lack this kind of updates. Even if you run Windows Update, it will try to fetch the drivers. The best place to locate this thing is visiting the official site and from there locate the model of your printer. And then download it on the basis of OS version. If you are unable to find that for Windows 7, then you have to downgrade your OS.