Thread: SATA drive is not working properly in Dell Dimension 2400

SATA drive is not working properly in Dell Dimension 2400

The hard drive is not working properly from few days for that, I am thinking to upgrade this one. I am having a Dell Dimension 2400 computer which is running under windows vista platform. The problem is the hard drive is not working properly. This is occurring problem. The actual scene is if I click on any file or folder this will responds very slow and some of the files are not locate in the machine, I did not able to locate this one from the hard drive, though after that if I reboot the machine , then this will easily shown. I think that it is a hard drive issue. I am thinking because I am using a very low space of the hard drive space which is almost full withal the data’s. Any suggestion on this, will be appreciated.

Re: SATA drive is not working properly in Dell Dimension 2400

As per my suggestion I recommend you to format the drive but before that if there is any important file is stored in your drive the stored it into other storage place. Now reboot the machine for once the verification of whether actually the problem is in hard drive or not. Now right click on the particular driver or I recommend you though you are going for the formatting the do the full format of your drive. Select the format option and wait till the process will complete. I was also face the similar issue in my machine hard drive and this is the simplest way to resolve the hard drive issue I ever found. Try this; I hope this will definitely help you.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I don’t think so it is a hard drive issue. It might be caused for the operating system or the windows version that you are using. So for that I recommend you to reinstall the operating system in your machine it may solve the issue. You can do this process either by the installation disk, by insert the disk into the drive and after the machine manufacture screen will appear, start pressing f8 from your keyboard. It will appear the windows installation, and from there you will get the windows repair option. Select that option and resolve the issue. Or there is another way to resolve this issue, which is by format the primary drive and after that install the operating systems in that drive, you may be able to solve this problem. First of all format the drive where you installed the operating system and after that insert the windows installation disk into your drive, by follow the installation instruction install the operating system in your machine by booting console.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

As per my opinion, also this problem is occurs for the any fault which is occurred in your machine. I suggest you to first of all scan the whole machine, if there is any virus effect in your hard drive then this will locate that one. But if does not helps you then I suggest you to defrag the hard drive. This process is windows best process according to me. And this will also helps me when I was also facing the similar issue. You can locate this from the control panel under system. In the windows select the defrag option. It will appear the application windows, and in the first windows you need to select the drive partition where you need to apply the process. I recommend you don't select the whole drive at a time, first select the primary drive and then one by one select the rest of the drives. Try with this. I think this ill definitely helps you to overcome from this problem.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

If this possible for you to remove the drive from your board of the machine now boot the machine in dos mode and type the command for diagnose the problem. If there is any issue with the machine background then it will direct you for the defect which is occurring in your machine. And if this one not shows up any fault after diagnose the machine then I suggest you to boot the hard drive into another machine into normal mode and check whether that is working there or not. If does not worked over there be sure that there should be any other problem in your machine not in your hard drive.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Also facing a problem with my SATA drive in dell computer. The drive is having 320 GB, among from that 150 GB is occupied though also the drive is responding very slow. I also remove some other file approx more that 25 GB from the drive. The problem is whenever I select the any operation execution from the drive it responds very slowly. Simply suppose I open the machine and double click on my computer it takes a lot time to open it. First it appears in white background window in screen and then with a small window will open where a message will flash that then windows explorer stopped working and another message like that, the windows explorer restarting, and then my computer will open with all the drive information. Same thing also happens if vi open any drive basically the primary drive. Other windows applications are also take lot time to open this one. What should I do to solve this issue, suggest me something?