Thread: Can hp laptop's adapter be connected to the dell laptop?

Can hp laptop's adapter be connected to the dell laptop?

I have a dell laptop and it was working fine. Recently i started facing some problem with the adapter. The adapter is not responding now. The adapter is not charging the battery and also it is not showing the light that it used to show during charging. Now the adapter is gone and i want to run the laptop urgently. As i have some urgent work related to laptop. My cousin has a hp laptop and i am thinking that whether i can use the adapter of hp to charge my dell laptop. I checked the voltage power of dell it measures 4.5V while the hp measures 4V. So will these voltage difference lead to some complication if i charge the laptop with the hp adapter. Suggest me some methods or modifications to the laptop to enable charging.

Re: Can hp laptop's adapter be connected to the dell laptop?

Hey even i had the same problem and i have also tried with this method earlier. I also tried connecting the adapter with the different laptop but it did not gave me any desired result. When i connected the adapter it ultimately did not charge anything only the adapter light was visible. So this method of charging with the different adapter is of no use. Look out for the original adapters that are available for the dell laptops. It may take time to reach you till that time. You can try charging with some other adapters available in the market with the matching voltage power. Remember it is a temporary solution do not keep the other adapters permanently. As it may harm your laptop.

Well i would also recommend you that you don't go ahead with your method. Ultimately it will lead you to a particular problem that you cannot solve. The voltage difference can cause harm to your battery ultimately making it dead. If you have some urgent work regarding your laptop then i have a solution for you. Just take the hard disk of your laptop and place it in the other laptop which you think that it is not useful now. I think so all the work related process will be stored in the hard disk and till then try find an original adapter for your dell laptop. Just try this and let me know if it works.

I would suggest you to go with the universal adapter. Universal adapter are those kind of adapter which gives you the freedom to connect many laptops with one charging point. It has got many interchangeable tips that will allow you to charge according to the size of your laptop. Also you can compare the voltage level with the laptop and the universal adapter. This will probably be the best option for the situation in which you are in currently. So my recommendation would be to go with the universal adapter. Also the issue regarding the modification in the laptop to adjust the different laptop's adapter. Then i would say it is not possible. You go with this solution only.