Thread: windows 7 will not detect my scanner

windows 7 will not detect my scanner

My Window 7's Microsoft Fax as well as Scan cannot detect my scanner.The scanner is appropriately recognized by the device manager And functions by means of additional imaging software. I am running windows 7 64 bit hope premium.Plus the scanner is Canon 8400F. The driver is a Twain driver.I am thankful for all your suggestion. I checked out by means of microtek but the issue still persist. Thank you in advance.

Re: windows 7 will not detect my scanner

Make sure if the device is getting identified in Device manager or else do you observe yellow bang next to the printer.I will recommend you to Uninstall as well as reinstall the driver from device manager. You need to follow below Steps:
    i. Go to Start and type devmgmt.msc in search box and press enter.
    ii. Enlarge “Printer and scanner device” as well as right click on the sub item and click uninstall.
    iii. Restart PC.
    iv. Download the latest driver from the manufacturer website.
    v. Now Install the driver and reboot the PC.

Today the majority of manufacturers desire you on the way to install the software applications from the CD initial previous to you actually connect your scanner to the USB port. As a result you be supposed to do that first furthermore observe if it functions, previous to you go regarding forcing your computer on the way to identify from hardwaresettings. Perform the below two steps:
    Step 1:
    First of all Uninstall the software if you have installed it previously. Then restart. And now install the software from the CD. Finally reboot to save the changes.And after that connect.
    Step 2:
    Also obtain the update patch for Windows 7 designed for your scanner.

Ensure that you have installed the drivers associated on the way to your scanner, at the time of installing from the CD offered by the maker drivers associated to the scanner would have not installed. Glance through the driver CD, make sure if there is software associated to scanner, if yes subsequently install and after that ensure if the printer as well as fax functioning fineThanks and Regards.

It can function as in mine. I uninstalled as well as reinstalled the software applicationfrom the windows website, by means of the vista driver, furthermore installed it in vista compatibility mode. I can’t obtain it on the way to remotely function significance by means of the printer as well as telling it which computer on the network to scan to. However it functions if I scan from a computer. Uninstalled the MFC-420CN driver, and after that reinstalled the Vista driver on Windows 7, as well as the scanner appear to work well.

Can somebody detailed? In windows 7 at what time I select 'add a device', it does not discover my networked MFC-420CN. However I am unable to scan (at what time I go to 'Windows Fax and Scan' program, as well as hit 'new scan', it state 'no scanner attached'). What do I require to do? Thanks