Thread: DigitalPersona does not find validity fingerprint device

DigitalPersona does not find validity fingerprint device

Hello, I encompass a Dell Laptop and installed Windows 7 Professional as well as a Validity vfs300 fingerprint sensor.Inside device manager, the biometric device illustrate well without any troubles at the same time as "Validity Sensor".I am having driver version 2.1.0.2.My trouble is: I have the DigitalPersona private Software application updated on the way to version 4.11.3825 as well as it will not discover the Validity Sensor.Furthermore, the Biometric Device selection beneath the Control Panel is missing. Truthfully I would not yet require DigitalPersona if the Validity Sensor was capable of showing up beneath Windows 7 Control Panel, however I be able to let know that this latest characteristic is half parched. I estimate that it is happening due to poor drivers.I require help. If you have any suggestion please let me know.

Re: DigitalPersona does not find validity fingerprint device

I would suggest you to try the following:
    1)Uninstall each and every one software as well as validity drivers
    Eensure you furthermore go to Control Panel/ Device Manager / Validity Sensor and Uninstall the sensor as well as make sure "delete the driver software for this device"
    2) After that ensure you REBOOT
    3) Then Download as well as Install Validity drivers from HP website
    4) Restart once more it is essential
    5) Download Digital Persona version 4.11.3805
    6) RUN the Setup.exe and At what time it inquire on the way to install driver for finger print reader.Do not click Install . Leave the installation window as it is.
    7) Press win+E
    8) Now Go to C:\Users->Username ->AppData->Local->Temp
    Go in the folder with 05B54AFA-28C6-4FED-A0E6-3F235641DA1D and you will observe several .ini files with a file named "fingerprint reader drivers.prq". Open this file in notepad.Delete all the content and save the empty file.
    9) Come back to Digital Persona setup dialog. Now click INSTALL.At what time it asks to REBOOT click YES
    10) Subsequent to REBOOT the finger print reader is functioning without any hitch.

I will recommend to download the Authentec AES2810 (Fingerprint Reader W7 64-bit) as well as save it on the way to your desktop. And after this Install the drivers in the compatibility mode, I have installed them in the windows 7 compatibility mode. By means of Vista, I establish that installing the Windows 7 drivers in the compatibility mode functions fine. If you have any other problem regarding to this you can ask.

Thank you for your suggestion But I have one query - my laptop does not contain any hardware fingerprint reader it is from a different producer. What reason will the further manufacturer's drivers have in my situation? I also use overclock with it sometimes.

I follow the steps mentioned above and got on the way to the final step where it finish installation as well as prompt to reboot, in its place of finishing the installation, it fail out by means of a window essentially stating that that version of digitalpersona may possibly not be installed on my hardware. It was extremely indistinguishable, on the other hand I think it is for the reason that there is HP brand on that OEM copy of digitalpersona as well as someplace all along the road it ensure for an HP computer, where I fail for the reason that I have a dell.okay, as a result after that procedure, I now installed my copy of digitalpersona personal version as well as after that rebooted - furthermore it worked!

Subsequent to three full days of irritating attempt on the way to discover a answer the above suggestion worked. I encompass an HP dv9700 by means of an AMD Turion 64X2 processor as well as install WIN7. HP will not offer sustain at the same time as I have moved out to windows 7 as well as at what time I talk by means of them fundamentally I was told on the way to wait with Vista. I have installed as well as reinstalled the recommended drivers as well as software but no benefit and now concerning gave up at what time I decided on the way to attempt the compatibility site for MS. I have uninstalled the whole thing concerning the fingerprint reader as well as after that reinstalled the driver from step 5, and after that installed digitalpersona personal furthermore bounce the validity drivers. Reboot plus now I have my fingerprint reader back.

My laptop is an HP Pavilion tx 2140 eg. I installed Windows 7 64 bit (replacing the old Vista 32 bit) and encountered the same problems as you did.

It took me forever to find a solution, but in the end it turned out to be quite simple:

1. Let Windows install the hardware drivers automatically

2. Install the most recent version of the DigiPersona software, e.g. from here:
    ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50001-50500/sp50048.exe
    (alternatively search for Digital Persona on HP support)

And that's it! Hope it helped...