Thread: After restart Windows 7 keeps changing the default printer

After restart Windows 7 keeps changing the default printer

I have recently upgraded my system from windows xp to windows 7 home premium. I have on the way to remain resetting my default printer in Windows 7. This is happening by means of my Oki C5100 aat home as well as at work by means of a Lexmark C544. When I go to print a text furthermore I obtain a message that I have to select a printer, as well as I will require on the way to reset the default. Is there a solution for this?

Re: After restart Windows 7 keeps changing the default printer

I will recommend you to make use of the below mention steps as well as make sure if this resolve the problem –
    Method 1:
    First of all use any good malware and antivirus to scan your computer.
    Method 2:
    Set the default printer as well as make sure for the subject– Automatically switching default printers -
    Method 3:
    If the problem still persists I would propose you on the way to download as well as install the printer drivers as of from the producer site and after that check. Also make sure if at all an update of printer driver is desired on the way to be installed. I hope that this will help to get rid of your trouble.

I am also having the similar trouble on my desktop computer installed windows 7. I have already reset the default printer on the way to Brother HL-2030. I tried on the way to take away the XPS Document writer in view of the fact that it is not required however I was not capable to do so. It says access denied .This is a severe trouble for me for the reason that after each reboot user are not able to print. I think I may possibly resolve this trouble for me if I take away both XPS as well as Fax printers which I will by no means require. However if I select the 'Remove Device' button I obtain 'Access denied, not capable to remove device' message. Can anyone tell me why I am unable to remove it with administrator privilege?

As per your suggestion I perform the Add wizard however it did not install a latest driver. Except yet if there is several trouble by means of the printer driver Windows 7 should value the user option of the default printer. As well as there is no trouble by means of the driver. The printer works flawlessly. In view of the fact that the driver is not aware regarding the XPS printer. If there is a bug in the driver Windows 7 have to at a standstill bear in mind the users option as well as relocate the printer chosen by the user subsequent to the printer driver hang.All the above proposal are not supportive as well as don't resolve the trouble.

Now Windows 7 permit you on the way to organize a different default printer by means of a different location on a 1 : 1 basis.
    • Go to start and select Control Panel
    • Click “Devices and Printers”.
    • Within the printer section select any of the previously listed printer.
    • Click on “Manage Default Printer” listed.
    • A windows will open let you to select it for all network or another section where you be able to choose first the network as well as after that the printer and map it.