Thread: Inconsistent behavior of mouse

Inconsistent behavior of mouse

I have recently bought new computer for my son which is studying in college. From day I purchased computer it working smoothly but after installing windows 7 bit 64, mouse giving inconsistence performance while operating. Some time it suddenly stuck for seconds or more than second, some timer acceleration is getting faster or more slowly, some time it’s invisible from screen. I had check laser light of that mouse at the time when this type of behavior it’s not working properly. Some time it’s off, some time it’s on and some time it’s blinking. I am unable to understand what the exact issue with it is. I though there is problem with windows 7. If anyone having idea about this so please tell me solution on this.

Re: Inconsistent behavior of mouse

Here I am giving you some simple tips to find exact problem that are:
    1) Plug in and plug out mouse. Connecter is PS/2 or USB. If it is PS 2 then it’s of green color and you have to insert in only one direction. Before inserting, check that nay damage or bent with pin or not. Then insert and restart computer and check the mouse.
    2) You can try to connect that mouse in to the different computer. After connecting different restart the computer and check the mouse. If you found that your mouse is working well on different computer then its problem in your computer.

I can tell two cases in which this problem curs that are:
    1) This case can be occurred when you installed any new device on computer it s can conflicts with your mouse. For this remove your new device, restart computer and the plug that device again to computer.
    2) You can check your mouse setting for this you can reinstall your mouse drivers. For this go to control panel, open device manager, then select your mouse. Removed all another drivers of mouse completely. Then unplug the mouse restart computer and after restarting computer again install mouse then you can see pop window on screen for reinstalling drivers. Reinstalled those drivers with mouse and check your mouse working or not.

Here I am giving you some tips and warning which you have to follow before trouble shooting with your mouse that are:
    • Shortcuts like "ALT+TAB" and CTRL+ESC” which give you facility you to work in a Windows operating system without using mouse.
    • Don’t plug and unplug your mouse pin of PS2 or USB for checking connection, it can lead to broken pins or bent.
    • If mouse is in under warranty period and responding then give return to manufacturer o contact with customer service center.
    • There might be chances that your motherboard is defective then you need to contact service center or call your computer technician.

If your curser laser light is working and if only problem with curser the n you can follow this steps:
    • Go to start then click on run if your mouse is connected to USB then skip steps and directly go in to the step 7.
    • Without quotation marks you have to type "sysdm.cpl" and then click on "OK."
    • After that you can select "Hardware” option and then select "Device Manager."
    • For getting "Mice and other pointing devices." Select on expansion node
    • On the active mouse you have right click and then click "Properties."
    • Now select the "General" option then click on Trouble shoot then you can get all information about trouble shoot and you can proceed to next steps.
    • You can also use Fix-it USB Troubleshooting Tool from Microsoft.