Thread: Non microsoft application changes the default changes of a printer

Non microsoft application changes the default changes of a printer

I have got a desktop computer , and have an Hp printer connected to my system . I am using Windows 7 operating system in my system , I had upgraded my system around six month before , but I am facing some issues in my system, while I connect the printer with my desktop computer, the settings which are currently installed in my system are weird and I do not like them at all so I would like you people to help me getting the default setting back. But my system will not set to the default settings again, I do not know what is the reason. My system was working fine with Windows Vista but after up gradation it went something odd. Please help me out in fixing this issue. I will be very grateful.

Re: Non microsoft application changes the default changes of a printer

The odd behavior of a printer is not because I think your system has been infected with a virus, and it is preventing the system to get back to the printer default printer settings . I think you must be having an internet connection at your house and I suspect you do not have the secured system. You had mentioned that the printer was working fine in Windows Vista , I have heard that Windows Vista is much more secure d than any other operating system . So get a new and updated anti virus and run a scan on your system.

Did you check the drivers of the printer ? You did not mention the manufacturer of your Printer , or I would have given you the link for the compatible driver for your printer that matches your printer model the most. So it would be better if you check the printer’s drivers . To check the drivers of the printers you will have to check it in the device manager . To check the drivers right click on the icon computer and click on the option manage , then select the device manager option from there in the left hand side of the window. You can locate the printer settings corresponding to its icon and check for the exclamation and question mark there , please let me know in the next thread if you have any such marks in your device manager.

Well I am really sorry to provide you people with the incomplete information. I have an Hp printer. As you had suggested I bought a licensed version of Kaspersky Antivirus and ran a scan on my computer. It really detected a few Trojans lurking in my system . Then I restarted my system and tried to change the default settings , but the issue still remains. You asked me to check the drivers in the device manager to check the drivers are installed or not. I did and came to know that all the drivers of the printer are fully installed in my system. Please look for some other diagnosis move.

Well you had mentioned that the printer worked absolutely fine with the windows Vista operating system, you checked your each an every part you scanned for the virus , looked for the hardware changes and even checked the device manager for the missing drivers but could not find the perfect resolution , so it seems that your system is not actually fitting or you can say that is not compatible with the Windows 7 operating system you have recently installed. So in that case, you have two options either change the operating system or the printer.