Thread: Laptop HDMI connection to A/V receiver playback device is not producing any sound

Laptop HDMI connection to A/V receiver playback device is not producing any sound

I have one issue which hasn’t been resolved from the past several days. My laptop was connected to an A/V receiver via HDMI. I connected the cable from the receiver to may sony LCD TV for output. Now I am familiar with how to modify the playback device. The problem is I can see the picture but not getting any sound from the receiver speakers/subwoofer. I can only hear the sound from my TV speakers. Is there any way to change the playback device so that I can hear the sound from A/V receiver instead of Sony LCD TV? I hope that someone might have found the answer for it. So don’t delay to post it with a appropriate solution. Thanks in advance for any kind of help and suggestion.

Re: Laptop HDMI connection to A/V receiver playback device is not producing any sound

HDMI cables have turn into a standard for broadcasting HD signals from a playback device to TV.The frequent dilemma with HDMI switchers is a total signal failure, due to this no audio or video transmits to the television. This is usually caused by cheap or damaged HDMI cables, which occasionally direct to an entire signal loss. A non-powered switcher can also reason signal-loss issues, as well as with extremely lengthy HDMI cables.

Re: Laptop HDMI connection to A/V receiver playback device is not producing any sound

High-quality HDMI cables and an HDMI switcher with an autonomous power contribute can fix the trouble. When checking HDMI switcher, make sure that the switcher ought to be detached from the set-up to notice if the difficulty continues or not. If problem not continued then assume that the cable itself defective and need to be replaced. If you have more than one HDMI switches in playback device then try those one

Did you check the sound configuration in your laptop? Go to the control panel>Sounds and Audio devices. Check the configurations correct for output sound. Use only the receiver by not connecting the LCD TV to it and see whether the sound is getting or not. If you are using any external device for HDMI connection from laptop then there might be chance that the device is not compatible. Ensure that you have done the right connection for speakers/subwoofers in A/V receiver. Use any other device such as any external DVD player or mp3 player to the same receiver and see problem continues. Use other brand cable or short cable for connections. Make sure that the laptop sound drivers are up-to-date and properly working. May the OS itself is causing the issue.