Thread: mouse stutters follwed by a Windows Event sound

mouse stutters follwed by a Windows Event sound

I have got a desktop system , I like to play games on my system , since a few days my system is behaving quite odd. This is all happening after I have installed the Windows 7 , prior to this I was using Windows xp operation . I used to play my all the games in the xp operating system. After upgrading to the Windows 7 , my mouse behaves in a funny manner, its pointer stutters and freezes in between and suddenly stops working. To make it work I have to restart the computer. I have got a Logitech mouse. Please help me in solving this issue as it is very annoying and I am tired of my erratic mouse behavior.

Re: mouse stutters follwed by a Windows Event sound

I think it is does not have anything to do with the Windows 7 operating system but I think the mouse has gone faulty , as you mentioned that you are a gamer and it might have happened because of the wear and tear of the mouse . So in that case I will recommend you to change the mouse and check whether it works in some other system. If the same thing persists then for sure the mouse has gone faulty. Can you explain in detail, what exactly does happen when you start the desktop.

I thought you will come up with a concrete solution. But I was disappointed with the post, nevertheless let me inform you that I have already checked the mouse in my cousin’s desktop computer , it woks absolutely fine in his computer. Well actually whenever I turn my pc , the mouse pointer of my mouse stutters and freezes at one location unable me to do anything with the mouse and along with it the windows event music plays , Please help me as soon as you can.

Mouse pausing, freezing for a full second or more, accompanied by a Windows Event Sound, usually. Sometimes there is just a slight pause and no Windows Event Sound. Sometimes the mouse acceleration changes after the freeze. Sometimes, more rarely, my mouse will be dropped by the OS... the laser light on the underside goes out and I have to unplug the mouse and plug it back in to get it to be recognized.

Few days back I too had the same issue like you are having right now , my mouse used to stuck at some place and think had some issue with my server 2008 R2, but before that you will have to check a few things, you ill have to uninstall the Windows Update KB977074 and install it again but in a slower manner. along with the Windows 7 update you will have to Reboot your system and wait till a couple of minute i.e let your system be idle for a few minutes and then again restart the system , once rebooted install the KB977074 again and then you will have to reboot the system again .