Thread: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 stops working

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 stops working

Hey I have recently own Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 .and I use it on my computer that is running windows 7.but I don’t know what is happening after working for some time mouse is stop working .and I have faced this problem 3 to 4 time so if any anyone have any solution, how to solve this problem please give me your suggestion about this problem.

Re: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 stops working

Try to connect the receiver to a different port. Then, make sure that the activities of the device. By trying the receiver on a different port, you will be able to remove any problems that have an effect on the port itself. As well as, attempt to connect the receiver to a USB port on the back of the PC. The ports that are placed on the back of the computer usually have more bandwidth (power) accessible. Be awake that items like desktop fans, metal furniture, as well as fluorescent lights may interfere with the signal from the pointing device. Attempt to test the device in a different place.

This problem may happen if the battery power is low. We suggest that you utilize batteries that are designed for use with electronic apparatus. Swap the batteries, as well as decide whether this resolves the problem. Confirm that you have inserted both the necessary batteries into the wireless pointing device and that they are located in the right direction. After that you adjust the batteries, confirm that you resync the pointing device.

You can Test the mouse by utilizing the Mousinfo diagnostic tool .The Mousinfo diagnostic tool is installed together with the IntelliPoint software. If you do not have this software, you are not able to open the tool. After installing to open the Mousinfo tool first presses Start then press All Programs. After this press Accessories. And then press Run. After that In the Open box, you have to type mousinfo, and at the last press OK. Then press the mouse buttons to make sure whether the button presses are accepted as UP and DOWN commands in the tool.

If in your computer there is another software installed, for example Logitech or touchpad software then that software may clash with the IntelliMouse software. To uninstall the other software you have to first go to Programs and Features within Control Panel. To open Programs and Features you have to press Start then In the Start Search box, type appwiz.cpl. After doing this Press ENTER. If you are allowed for an administrator password or for authorization then you can type the password, as well as press Continue. Find any other mouse software in this list, and follow the information to take out the software. And At the last start the computer again.

If the issue continues to take place after doing above solution then you can check the mouse on a other computer in a different environment. If you will be able to replicate the issue in a different environment, then you may have a faulty device. If this is the issue, observe the "More Information" section to know about how to contact Microsoft Supplemental Parts to get a replacement device.