Thread: Windows 7 does not detect Dell 1815dn Scanner

Windows 7 does not detect Dell 1815dn Scanner

Hello recently I have own a Dell 1815dn Scanner and I have connected it to my system running windows 7 but I am facing some problem is that the my system running windows 7 does not find my Dell 1815dn Scanner . I have tried 2 to 3 time to work on it but I am not able to do it properly I am really getting frustrated to please help me to solve the problem related to my problem.

Re: Windows 7 does not detect Dell 1815dn Scanner

The fastest way to solve your problem is to go to the device manager as well as look for any hardware clashes and observe if there are any yellow exclamation signs. If your scanner has locking instrument then confirm to make sure that your scanner is unlocked. Make sure that the scanner software is accurately installed and the entire the settings are correctly configured.

I have gone through your issue and I think that it is happens because the driver is not installed properly in your windows 7 system so first of all make sure that the driver is installed properly or not . You will find the drivers with scanner itself. So first install the driver properly. I hope this will help you to solve your problem.

Firstly thank you for taking into consideration my issue and also for spending your time for finding the solutions. The thing here is that I have done whatever you have told me, i have installed the drivers and after installation I am still facing the same problems. Still I cannot connect to the scanner with my system. Please help me in fixing this difficulty and also let me know from where I will get the actual drivers as I think that the driver which I installed is not good.

If your scanner still is not functioning correctly then you have to uninstall the software that came with it. Then you have to go to the dell website. In this wed site you have to Search on your scanner model number and after that press on Software and driver downloads to download as well as install the latest version of the software and drivers for your scanner.

If the above steps are not able to resolve your problem you will be able to do a hard reset. First of all you have to disconnect the entire of the cables from the scanner, including the power, USB, Automatic Document Feed (ADF) as well as Transparent Materials Adapter (TMA) cables after that Lock and unlock the carriage lock. Then place the scanner on a surface that is level and flat. After that you have to wait for atleast five seconds, and then connect the cables again.