Thread: Dimmed Out HP Pavilion DV8000 LCD Monitor

Dimmed Out HP Pavilion DV8000 LCD Monitor

I have some problem with my HP Dv8000 laptop. In the morning, when I was trying to turn it on, then I found that the screen is almost black. If I put some light on it then only I can see the screen but that is very light. That means that my system is running fine without any problem in the background and the problem is only with the display. Can you please tell me that what are the possible reason and the appropriate solution for this? I will be thankful for all the replies.

Re: Dimmed Out HP Pavilion DV8000 LCD Monitor

Before moving to any solution, you should confirm that whether the problem is with the operating system or the monitor. To check that, you should try to connect any other monitor to your computer. If that is also showing the similar problem then your monitor is fine and if that is working fine then it will confirm that the problem is with the monitor that you are using. I know that this is not the solution but it will help you to find the solution soon.

It can be the problem with the display driver that your computer is using. If it is corrupted or not functioning properly then it may cause the problems like this. You should uninstall the driver and install it again to see whether that solves the Problem or not. If that is not able to solve the issue then you can search for the latest driver available on the internet from the manufacturer’s site. Download and install the one for your computer. Updating the driver may solve the problems like this.

I think that you need to clean the HP DV8000 LCD screen and after cleaning the LCD screen, you have to adjust the LCD's display quality. To adjust the LCD's display, you have to use the button that is there on the bottom of the LCD Screen. It may be because of the high atmosphere humidity. You can change the laptop position. Try these things to check that if it works for you or not.

You can use the F7 key to dim the brightness and F8 key to make the screen brighter. Using these two keys you will be able to adjust the brightness for the screen. This works for me. If that is not working for you then you can check for the connection of the monitor to the motherboard. If it has loose connection then it may cause the problems like this. Remove that and reconnect that properly. Try these two things and I hope that this will solve the problem for you.

I was also facing the similar problem with my monitor. I tried many things to solve this problem but all that were just waste of time. Finally when I replaced the LCD inverter and the LCD cable then it solves the problem for me. In most of the cases I have seen that this works. It is very easy to do this. There are many videos available on YouTube from where you can see that how can you change the inverter. If you think that you cannot do it on yourself then you can take it to any repair shop and ask them to replace that. This will take around 15 to 20 minutes to do this. Good Luck!!!