Thread: HP Laserjet 3P gives vertical black streaks on printouts

HP Laserjet 3P gives vertical black streaks on printouts

Friends, I am having the OEM HP non-re-manufactured cartridges. I was not having any problem till yesterday. But from the last light whenever I try to print any page then it is giving the black streaks on the middle of the page. It does not show me the "Service XX" error from the console. I have to make the documentation for my college project and therefore I need it to be fixed as early as possible. I have already tried many things from my side and from other forums but all that was just waste of time. Please help me. Thank you.

Re: HP Laserjet 3P gives vertical black streaks on printouts

You should try to clean the corona wires. There be supposed to one exactly after the registration roller assembly as well as one in the toner cartridge. I am using the alcohol and a cotton swab. You should read the user manual and you will get to know that how can you do that or if you don’t have the user manual then you can visit the user manual and you will get that from there.

You should check the roller of the drum. I think that there may be some toners on it and that is causing the issue like that. You can clean that to fix the issue. For cleaning that, you can use some soft things like tissue paper. Clean that very gently with that because it may leave scratch on it and may cause some other problems. If you want to see the drum's roller then you have to take out the toner cartridge.

There may be some ink on the toner cartridge and that is leaving the vertical black streaks on printouts. If you want to clean that then you have to slide the slider 20 to 30 times which is there at the top of the toner cartridge. After that, place the slider back to its original position. Try to take some printouts and see whether it is giving you the proper printouts or not.

I don’t think that this problem has anything to do with the cartridge. There is possibility that there is some ink which is stuck on the back of the cartridge and that is why whenever you try to take the printout and the laser passes from it then it makes the laser to scatter and that causes the streaks on printouts. You can pull that out and it will reduce to a very dim one. There is one more possibility that the laser reflecting glass is having streak or warping and that is causing the problem.

There may be some gap or hole on the cartridge and that is leaking the ink on the printer page. You should open the printer and take out the cartridge gently. Check for any such problem. If you are not able to fix this then the only option that is left for you is to replace the cartridge and place a new one in the place of that.