Thread: Not possible to capture Digital Video in windows 7 64 bits from Panasonic NV-DX100

Not possible to capture Digital Video in windows 7 64 bits from Panasonic NV-DX100

I have been using the Panasonic NV-DX100 camcorder in my Windows XP. Every feature was working fine in XP. Now I have upgraded my system to Windows 7 64 bit. I notice that the capturing is not working in it. I tried another Hardware configuration as well as other programs for capturing. Everything failed in Windows 7. The Win 7 recognizes the camcorder and the device control also works but the video is not transferring. Why is so? Should I have to change my camcorder in order to use it in windows 7? Please reply me with meaningful solution. I will be waiting for your kind information.

Re: Not possible to capture Digital Video in windows 7 64 bits from Panasonic NV-DX100

This is probably be the driver issue but I am sorry to say this that I don’t have compatibility information of your Camcorder with windows 7. The only way to open the Panasonic support site to check the support feature of your camcorder. Otherwise you need to contact he manufacturer for certain details and ask them for certain driver. There might also be slight chance to install the Xp or vista drivers in Windows 7 as a compatible mode. I hope that they will be going to install properly.

Re: Not possible to capture Digital Video in windows 7 64 bits from Panasonic NV-DX100

Once I got the same issue and I have usefully resolved it in my computer but the model of the camcorder was different than you. But I hope that these solutions will also going to work for you. The solution is as follows.
    • Open Start> CONTROL PANEL>SYSTEM>DEVICE MANAGER .
    • There expand IE1394 bus host controllers.
    • Right click 1394 OHCI COMPLIANT CONTROLLER> properties>driver>click update driver
    • Now select “Browse my computer for driver software”
    • Then choose“LET ME PICK FROM A LIST OF DEVICE DRIVERS "
    • in this list select "1394 OHCI COMPLIANT CONTROLLER (LEGACY)”
    • Click next and the driver will automatically install.
    • Check for the problem remains or not.

Did you try the programs that came along with camcorder itself for capturing Video? I think that in windows 7 the third party programs are not capable of doing this task. Otherwise the firewire is not able to capture the video and transmit across it. Did you try other Firewire cable for the camcorder to PC? Check it before going on further process.