Thread: Dell 2209WA monitor does not increases the resolution

Dell 2209WA monitor does not increases the resolution

Recently I brought a new laptop i.e dell precision t3500. Its working on the windows 7 operating system. The monitor is Dell 2209WA Monitor. Now the problem is that it has the same resolution. I have the issue with the resolution which never seems to go beyond 1280*720 resolution. Now I have tried opening the components and found the card to be nvidia and that did not seem to help me a lot. So I checked on the driver of the laptop which I got the information that it was the generic non pnp monitor. Which I thought was the default driver of the windows. Now suggest me something on how to update the driver. I did not find any update's in the dell website’s. So suggest me something now. On what to do in order to increase the resolution.

Re: Dell 2209WA monitor does not increases the resolution

I would ask you to check the particular company’s website as there is no chance that the particular models driver will be not available in that website. It will be available. However if you don’t get the desired changes. I would recommend you to check the windows 7 CD. Run the installation drive. In that installation wizard it will offer you various drivers. Install the desired driver in the system. If you are using nvidia card then there is availability of the driver in the CD. Then go to the control panel and select the nvidia. Select that and create custom resolution. Then select the desired resolution. It should mostly work for you. Try running the windows 7 CD and install the desired driver.

I just wanted to ask when you were performing the updates of the driver have you kept the anti virus off. If not then please do turn it off before the starting of the updation. Windows 7 has some issues with the resolution. Windows xp does not have the same issue with the resolution. It works well with almost all the drivers. However if you are stuck with the windows 7 and you don’t want to change the operating system then probably you must install the driver from the windows update. Then if you want you can change the monitor driver and probably upgrade to a new one. Otherwise you can set the resolution manually by going into the advanced option of the display settings and setting the desired resolution. Try these steps and it must work for you. Let me know if you have got the desired result.

Windows 7 does really affect the viewing. So what you have to do is to change the view style of the computer. Now what you have to do is that you have to change the scale of the view that windows 7 applies. In order to change the scale of the view. Go in the nvidia driver option you have to look for the option which says that use my display built in scaling or no scaling. Once you get that option you get to change the screen resolution and apply the changes. This will definitely make a change in the resolution of your screen.