Thread: Which CPU socket should I use in the main rig?

Which CPU socket should I use in the main rig?

Hello friends I am basically a hardware engineer and I would like to know that what are all the different Cpu sockets that are available in the market. I am basically designing the internal hardware of the CPU for a friend and I would want to know which would be the best socket that would help the internal components of the CPU to get the equal amount of power and also not damage the components by supplying any extra power to it.

Re: Which CPU socket should I use in the main rig?

Although there are many CPU sockets that are available and I think that since the CPU socket is a component that provides mechanical and electrical connections between a device and the components so I think that the best one should be chosen. You shouldn't compromise on this socket because the socket is ultimately the one that is responsible for providing a power to the other devices of the CPU. If this is at fault then I guess that it will damage the other component of the CPU and will be a major obstacle for you. So I think you should go for a latest version of the socket no matter how much it costs.

I think that you should go for LGA 1366/Socket B or LGA 1156/Socket H because this is the latest one available in the market and that this is also the one that has more power as compared to the previous version of the sockets. This sockets have more resistant to the power and that is why I think that the chances of the circuit burning is much less in this case. So I think that you should not waste time in looking for other sockets and should directly go for this socket.

Hey I am also looking for some very good CPU socket for AMD processors that I have on my CPU rig. I previously had Socket G34 but this has now got damaged so I would want to know that what are all the different drivers that are compatible with the AMD processors. I don't want to change the processors again and again and I don't want to change it again, so please provide the safe socket name that I should use with the AMD processor.

According to me you should go for Socket 463 which is specially designed for AMD family of processors. This socket can be used with AMD Athlon and also Duron processors that even has very differences in speed as compared to the other sockets and also with bus frequencies that the this sockets provides is generally best as compared to others. Since you need the socket for AMD processor so I guess that this will be the one you should go for as it is one of the very best for AMD processors.