Thread: Lexmark 3600-4600 Printer shows Communication Not Available in Windows 7

Lexmark 3600-4600 Printer shows Communication Not Available in Windows 7

I have updated my PC from Vista to Windows 7 Home Premium so that I can get more feature form Windows 7. All seems to be working in windows 7 unless the Lexmark printer. The system properly recognizes the printer and remains normal for several seconds. After than the when I click the print option the system shows an error message that there is not communication available. I have tried all the settings in my system but no joy at all. Tried re-installing and updating the drivers but that couldn’t help at all. What should I do now?

Re: Lexmark 3600-4600 Printer shows Communication Not Available in Windows 7

Once I got the same problem with Lexmark printer series 3600-4600 after upgrading my system to windows 7 and I successfully handled to solve the problem. The thing is the standard user account you were currently using got corrupted during upgrade and hence it was not printing. For that I created a new user account and everything works fine. I think the same issue with your system. If you don’t want to create new user you can login as an administrator, it will also work fine. Corrupt issue has been mentioned by the experts not only by me.

Did you try the contacting the Lexmark's Service Center. When I got the same issue I have contacted them and they have provided me some useful tips to resolve the issue. What did they suggested me that adding 2 exe files to my list of exceptions on my system firewall. If this wont helped then turn off the firewall and other third party security programs. Now use the print option and see whether the issue will continue or not.

If the current USB port which you have connected the printer may not be responding due to some hardware failure. So urge you to systematically uninstall the printer driver and along with its software and try different USB port. Restart the system so that it can vanish some temporary files remained back. Then install the software either from Disk or from Lexmark website. Be ensure that the printer is turn off and USB cable is not connected to System. When the system prompts you to connect the USB cable then only connect the cable and turn on the printer. Now the drivers will automatically loaded and installed on your computer. If you want you can again reboot your system after the completion of installation.

First disconnect the printer from the computer and remove the driver. Then download and install the latest driver from Lexmark site.
    • Click the Start> Devices and Printers.
    • Right click printer and choose Remove device.
    • Again Click the Start the Button, type APPWIZ.CPL in the Search box and press ENTER. It will launch "Programs and Features".
    • Uninstall all associated printer software and utilities.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Install latest Drivers along with software.

Before installing the printer driver you need to clear up driver information in Safe Mode
    • Start your computer by pressing F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears
    • There choose "Safe Mode" and press "Enter".
    • Click the Start button -> Computer and browse to the folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\Spool\Drivers\w32x86\3 and delete all the files in the folder.
    • Again restart your computer in Normal Mode.
    • Now reinstall and add the printers then check if the issue sticks with.