Thread: Dell 1720dn printer appears offline everytime

Dell 1720dn printer appears offline everytime

I use Dell 1720dn printer at my office and have been working with it for a quite some time. Now the problem is that it is showing offline . Now I have checked all the settings and it not showing any complications. Means talking of the hardware it is perfect. The printer is given the static IP address it seems. Now what should I do. I did the re-booting of the printer, checked with the print server but nothing is happening. So basically I have tried with all the settings now please help me out of this problem.

Re: Dell 1720dn printer appears offline everytime

The possible solution would be is to know the static IP address of the printer. Probably do try to get to know your ip address of the printer. If you get to know then probably you can save the changes and assign a different IP address to the server. Now what you can do is that when you change the IP address of the remote printer. You have to save the changes. After that you have to select the port and name it accordingly and you can add the ports accordingly. Do these changes and it will definitely help you. Do let me know if it works for you.

Hey thanks for your suggestion it was a great part from your side to help me out with my problem. Actually what you have explained me in brief I have understood but not thoroughly. Yes I definitely got to know the ip address assigned to the server. But what next. What should I do next? I don’t know how to change the ip address of the server and i also have no idea how to change the name of the port. Could you please explain me in detail on how to carry on with this solution? It would be great if you advice me more about it.

Ya definitely, first you have to sign in as the administrator in the server, if you have the authority. Then go to the status of the router and type the ip address of the printer. This probably you have to type in the client table of the dhcp server. After doing that go to the 1720dn printer menu and click on the configuration and go to the static IP address menu and change the ip address from the old one to a new one. Then you have to submit the request and wait for the request to get processed. If the request is processed then probably you can get the menu as the new ip address. Then to do the changes in the ports you have to go to the system panel which will show you the option of printer and faxes . Under that you will get the Dell 1720dn printer. Right click on that properties an then new port and name the new port where it will tell you to enter the new ip address. Enter the new ip address and click OK. Hope you have got the solution.