Thread: Power Supply dead on Dell inspiron desktop 535

Power Supply dead on Dell inspiron desktop 535

This Is The title states clearly "The question I ask me to explain What Happened: then behind the computer (I do not know if its is all) I have a little red thing below the power supply where there is marked volts when you push the red thing there is to the left marked watts and when I pushed the red stuff left my computer has been "exploded" (his was a small popping noise and my computer has more than Started). So I think that my computer is dead or if it's just the PSU. Why i want to know the reason why my power supply is dead.

Re: Power Supply dead on Dell inspiron desktop 535

This is surely not the watts second "left", but the choice of voltage: 110/220, because numbers have this change of power supply (U.S. standard requires, they are 110) So you spent your power supply 220 to 110V. If it is a good block, the motherboard is protected, if it still a good power supply unit, there may be a chance that it did change a fuse, must look into it. If not, it is dead, it's on, and you just pray that the motherboard should work.

I think that the fuse of the power supply might have gone bad and thats the reason why you are not able to get this Problem resolved. Try to change the Fuse of the power supply and check whether it starts working you can also check whether the filament of the fuse is simply intact of not if not the power supply might have gone dead. so i think that changing the power supply will fix the whole issue. You can also claim the warranty for other reasons except physical damage.

My Power supply was damaged physically while i was trying to plug my the power supply cable to the PSU because was not looking at the Power Supply Unit at the time inserting the Plug one of the three pins of the PSU was broken and since then i am not able to use my System ultimately i had to purchase a new Power supply and installing which once again helped me to get my system back to work.