Thread: HP Photosmart 1115 not detected in windows 7

HP Photosmart 1115 not detected in windows 7

I have a printer which is HP Photosmart 1115 and when connected to my system a generic icon appears in front of it and specifies the name as HP Photosmart 1115. The problem is that the when i checked with the control panel in the printers and the faxes section it termed it as an unspecified device. Now i could not recognize the reason behind it. So i thought of doing some trouble shooting work by right clicking of the icon and starting the trouble shoot it gave me an additional message saying that Generic IEEE 1284.4 printing support does not have a driver. Again i thought how can it make it to the printers and faxes section of the control panel. I checked through the internet and the database specified that it is compatible with the windows 7. So why is it now showing the compatible issue's. Please give me some suggestions to help me out of this.

Re: HP Photosmart 1115 not detected in windows 7

I think that your printer may be having some issue's with the driver. The driver is not being detected or not being updated so that's why look out for the driver and try updating it. If it is not successful try replacing it with a new driver. The Desk jet 970c driver is probably a good option for the HP Photosmart 1115 printer. Do check with these suggestions and let me know if it works for you.

Thanks for the reply. I got to know the source of the problem. I tried searching for the updates but it gave me some issues. Especially when i was trying to download the driver hp deskjet 970c driver. I even searched the hp forum and those people are telling me to just plug in the driver and the windows will detect the driver. It has not helped me. I want to download the driver will you suggest me some steps that will ease out my driver issue.

If you have checked for the compatibility then the next step you can do is to install the driver. During the installation of the driver you have to ensure that the usb cable should not be connected to the product. If it is connected to the product then disconnect it. Go to the devices and the printer section and click on add printer. Select the port, change it to different port other than usb and click next. There you will get the install the printer driver, under the manufacturer option click on hp and also select the alternate driver i.e. hp deskjet 970c driver for the same. In the printer name box type the product name i.e.HP Photosmart 1115. Then click on next and the installation process will start. Once the installation is done click on finish. After that you have to start with the configuration process. In this process you have to change the port name i.e. you have to select the usb as the port and then plug in the usb to the printer and the CPU. Now check whether it is showing any unspecified device. If it is not then test the printer with a page and see if it is working fine.