Thread: New hard drive for Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop

New hard drive for Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop

Actually I just buy a new hard disk, and don’t know more things about it. So can anyone assist me with what to do first later than putting in new hard drive? Dell sent me 4 CD's but did not contain the drivers for this system. They only provide me the links and I just downloaded them onto a flash drive. Can anybody tell which order I require to load the CD's and drivers?

Re: New hard drive for Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop

Does anyone know that, what is the maximum ATA Hard drive size which is maintained in the Inspiron 6000? Dell sells a 160 GB for it currently but I am appearing at an even bigger one. Western Digital has a 250 GB one which I would like to setup but I cannot bear out that it is well-matched with my Laptop. If I get any information about this, than I must try to use the Western Digital hard drive. So please provide me some information about this.

One cause is that drives larger than 137 GB necessitate 48 bit Logical Block Addressing (LBA) to be seen at their full size. On a lot of Intel chipsets that do not contain native 48 bit LBA you can make use of Intel's Application Accelerator to get around this boundary. The trouble in your case is that Western Digital drives do not effort with IAA 2.2.2 that is the most recent one with Mobile Chipset Support such as laptops. You could make use of a Seagate, Hitachi, or other brand better than 137 with it, but they are either nonexistent or at the extremely least very hard to find these days. One alternative is to setup and format the drive as a 120 GB drive or lesser, setup windows on it, afterward create a second partition with the left over space. This usually works, but it is not as dependable. What version of Windows are you utilizing? Windows XP does not support drives better than 137 GB devoid of SP1 or later. If you contain a unique XP disk you would require to slipstream SP1, 2, or 3 onto the disk for Windows to observe the complete ability of the drive. Windows 2000 requires SP4 for drives bigger than 137 GB. There is a lot of information on the web regarding this problem. A speedy Google search will guide you to it as will a hunt of the Western Digital Knowledge Base.

I just want to say 2 things about this,
    1. Yes, the 250 GB hard disk is well-matched with your Dell Inspiron 6000.
    2. In case your computer can just support 137 GB due to BIOS in 13 limits, you can download the software utility from hard disk maker to conquer the fence.

I recently setup the Western Digital WD2500BEVE 250 GB ATA hard disk in my Inspiron 6000. Even though the BIOS just recognizes 137 GB it is not trouble providing assured steps in use. I am certain there are dissimilar techniques of way out but I will state steps I got. I required keeping the analytic partition and not containing to do total reinstall. Previously, on my 80 GB hard disk, it had the analytic partition, plus I had restored unique OS with sell version of XP pro after that setup all the required downloadable drivers from Dell. I as well had my C drive partitioned for concerning 25 GB and the left over approximately 50 BG were partitioned as D.