Thread: Wrong Airflow Direction of CPU Fan

Wrong Airflow Direction of CPU Fan

Hello friends I have got an unusual problem with the CPU fans that are in my CPU case. I had brought this Dell computer system and on using this for a week now I have come to know that the the CPU is getting very hot if I use continuously for two or more hours. I know this is because of the CPU fans, so I instantly remove the cover to check whether the fans was working or not and when I opened that all the three fans was working properly so I was not able to perfectly get the idea of whats going wrong. It was then when I checked the air flow from the fans that I found out that all the three fans was used as am exhaust fans that is to remove the air from the CPU, but none of them was used to pass the air inside. So can I change this settings or this is perfect as far as Dell is concerned.

Re: Wrong Airflow Direction of CPU Fan

Hey I think that if the CPU is really getting very hot due to this than I think that you must change one of the fans direction in order that there could be some scope for fresh air to come into the CPU. You should probably change the direction of the fan that is specially for the motherboard because it is the motherboard that has all the responsibilities to pass the power to the other components for them to work smoothly and which is why it becomes hot very quickly. So you can easily adjust the direction of the fan inside the cpu case.

Hey I also think that the settings is a bit inappropriate and should be changed in order that the CPU gets enough air from outside so that the CPU remains cool even after performing so many computer task and also if it is on for a very long time. I think that the fan that is face to the heatsink must be changed in such as way so that the outside air falls directly to the heatsink so that it doesn't becomes hot.

Hello friends I am also using the Dell manufactured CPU and found out that the CPU always becomes hot if I use continuously for more than two hours. When I had opened the Cpu case to check the problem and I found that the CPU Fan faced the inner side so as to blow fresh air into the heat sink but this fan is right below the PSU Fan which blows out hot air. So I think that the cpu fan is just redirecting the hot air that is blown away by the PSU fan and that is why the CPU i becoming hot. So I just want to know that is this settings is correct and whether I should stick to these settings or should I change something.

Hey I think that this is the correct settings because it has been designed by the Dell company. Even I am having this kind of settings in my CPU, it passes Fresh air in frt. and exhaust air to the rear. I think that Dell is known for the quality and its very good design of the CPU, so criticizing this would not be that good. So what I will suggest is that you must check the fans speed and see if it not slow because I think that the heating is due to the slowness of one of the fans, so you must increase the RPO of the fan and then see if it solves your problem.