Thread: Unable to connect wireless Epson SX515W on my Dell laptop

Unable to connect wireless Epson SX515W on my Dell laptop

Is there anyone who can help me to solve the problem related to the wireless Epson SX515W? Actually the problem is that I have bought a new Dell laptop and was trying to configure my old printer on it but I could not do that. So I bought a new wireless Epson SX515W printer. Now I am trying to install the drivers for that but I am facing problem with that. At the time of installation it ask for selecting the printer in network at that time an error comes 'NetSetUp has stopped working' and after that installation crashes. So I am not able to install the drivers for this wireless Epson SX515W. I thought that it will be better to download the drivers from its official site and I have done the same but still I am not able to connect this wireless Epson SX515W printer to my Dell laptop. One more thing I am using windows 7 operating system on my Dell laptop.

Re: Unable to connect wireless Epson SX515W on my Dell laptop

As far as I know this NetSetup is an application, and not the drivers. It will be better if try to install the drivers without installing this NetSetup application. Try to run this thing in compatibility mode. If this application is giving you a problem then it will be better to avoid this thing. You must check for the Epson basic driver that are required for your printer to work, do not include other applications that are not required. It will better to choose the driver package that is not having any kind of setup executable file. You can follow these steps for installing the printer. Search for the devices that are connected in network and if you printer is asking for driver then you just need to point that thing to disk you are having. It will search the driver.inf file and will automatically install the files that are required. I am sure that this will solve your problem.

I have bought an Epson Stylus SX515W for me as a network printer on my laptop (Windows Vista) can use it. With the enclosed instructions, I do not come clear. Am I following the instructions the printer, the wireless network shown below, but does not work. What have I possibly done wrong? In other words, I am addressing to right thing or not? If there is any solution for the problem I am having then please let me know about that. I will be waiting for the related reply.

I think that I am also in the same queue I purchased an Epson SX515W wifi to install a pc in windows 7. Unable to install driver and software provided with the cd (not planned for Windows 7), I downloaded the driver and software for windows 7 via the Epson website. Alas no utility is designed to make the connection between the ad hoc network created and the printer. The only thing left for trying is: Disable the firewall and put the box in "association". But the thing is that it will say "no" when asked if the access point is your preferred access point to access the security options and retype your WEP key. If I get any solution after doing this trial and error method then I will post the solution on this forum.

I bought a laptop and a wireless printer because I had a virus on my is old computer system. My new laptop is having new version of Windows Vista but I prefer windows 7 hence I have installed windows 7 on it. Being customer among FREE, installing my laptop has been made, but to install my printer WIFI after allowing the installation CD and procedures called at the time of the USB cable connected to the printer and at the computer for WIFI connection, a message appears "EpsonNet Setup has stopped working." However, I disabled all firewalls but this problem is not resolved.

Solution for the problem you are having is really simple, as you have said that previously you were having windows vista on your laptop and the printer was working fine in that but from when you have installed windows you are not able to install your printer, I mean to say that you are not able to work with your printer. You just need to download the drivers for windows 7 operating system you are having. You can find the drivers on the official site printer. But you need to make one thing sure that before installing new drivers on your system you have to clean your system using ccleaner. After that you can install the drivers and configure the system as you need. If you have any other issue then let me know.