Thread: Issues with SATA SSD Hard Drive on Windows 7

Issues with SATA SSD Hard Drive on Windows 7

I have recently built a new PC for me and the thing along with this is that I have installed the Windows 7 on the new SATA Hard Drive that I have just bought while upgrading the system. While upgrading I took care that this time I have ultimate space on the system and hence I have the 2TB of Hard Disk with me. Now while installing the Windows on the system I have seen that at the time of installation the system for the first time recognized the new hard disk but after the installation went smooth I have noticed that it is not reading the Windows from the Hard Disk at all. What can be the issue here can you tell me about this. I do not know what can be done here and when I try to connect the Older Hard Disk that I have with me on which I have installed the Windows XP I have seen that it can be recognized with the system. What can you say about this here? I really want to have something for this here. Can you all please tell me what can be done here so that I can be out of the issue here? Is there something wrong with the hard disk or is it like that something is wrong with the Windows 7 that I am trying to install.

Re: Issues with SATA SSD Hard Drive on Windows 7

Well looking at the case that you have presented here I think that both the options here are available and I think that you will have to take care of this on yourself. Well to find out where is the issue I think you will be required to install the Windows 7 on the older hard disk that you have and see if that can run for you here in this system. I think that you can only give the answer for this. In addition to this if you want you can see for the Cable Connector that is connecting the Hard disk with the Motherboard and see if that can help you there. You can try to connect the newer hard disk with the cable of the older hard disk and see if that can help the system see the Windows on the newer hard disk. Also see for the connections and see if the connection is not loose here. See if this was a minor issue and if not than I think that you will be required to have the Hard Disk replaced.

Thanks a lot for looking into the issue here but the thing here is not that simple as I had stated before. I have two slots for placing the Hard Disk and there I have found that the system boots from the older hard drive; well that is fine but when I try to access the newer hard drive I have seen that I cannot access it at all. I have tried it to set as the first boot device but I have seen that the system starts with the Windows that is there in the older hard drive. After trying for multiple times now I have seen that the system has this time come with some other message. It is telling that the Windows that you have asked for cannot be accessed. It asks me to restart the system. What can I do here so that I can get rid of this situation here?

I think that it will be a great idea if you can have the Windows installed on the hard disk again and I think that it will be a great idea to deal with. Just unplug all the peripheral components and then plug in the Keyboard and the Mouse and then start formatting the Hard Disk. Please keep the New Sata Hard disk connected there. Then try to format the hard drive by getting in the BIOS and see if you can proceed with this. In my opinion I think that while installing the Windows 7 you must have missed on some of the files and hence I think that you will be required to make this move again. Hope that the reinstallation of the Windows 7 on the New Hard Disk of yours will for sure solve the issue here.

I am of the same opinion I think that the Windows 7 that you are talking about must have not installed here on the Hard Drive and hence you are getting the issue. Well I think that this is what I can suggest at this moment. I would suggest you to unplug the Hard disk from the slot and then reinsert it again in the slot again. After doing that see if you are able to have access of the Hard Disk in the BIOS and if yes then I think that you can proceed with the installation of the Windows 7 again on that and after this clean installation I am sure that you will have the Hard Disk of yours recognized here in a very good manner. Please let me know if you were able to have this in the manner that I have mentioned here.

Well I am of the opinion that you have got much advice that you could have for the issues. I think that you will be required to have a good look at this link and see if that can help a bit so that you can have the issue here solved. Here is the link see if you can fetch the solution from here: Windows Vista Can't Find Second SATA hard drive. Well the situation that you have here is somewhat similar but the issue here is with the Windows Vista. If at all you are not finding the solution here then I think that it will be a better idea to go with for the replacement of the SATA Hard Drive as that is the only thing that can be done at the last. See if you can have the replacement for the Hard Drive successfully. Well you will be able to have the replacement as you had just taken the Hard Disk here. Hope that you will be able to get out of this in a proper way.