Thread: Removing Hp printer drivers shows error "Printer Management tool Missing "

Removing Hp printer drivers shows error "Printer Management tool Missing "

I have got a desktop system, I had bought it around one and half year back , in my system I have Intel core 2 duo processor, 2 GB DDR RAM and 5oo GB of hard drive installed as internal memory drive, as far as the operating system is concerned I was using Windows xp first , then I switched to Windows 7 of 32 Bit Version, I had also bought an Hp Laserjet printer along with it , it had a 1 year warranty with it, used to take out a lot of print outs during my college days, but now I am a graduate and no one is there in my house to use my printers so I want to remove my printer from my system , as it is of now use to me currently , so please tell me if any one knows how to remove it and it’s drivers from my system , I have looked into a lots of forums but could not do it. Give your valuable response on this comment. I also Wanted to know once the drivers are removed from the system , is there any way to install them back into my system. Will it affect adversely on my system configuration . I am eagerly waiting for you people’s response as I have heard that very few people are left out without any solution. I thank you people in advance.

Re: Removing Hp printer drivers shows error "Printer Management tool Missing "

Yes you can definitely remove your printer drivers and reinstall it back whenever you wish, it is always advisable to remove the printer and it drivers if you are not using it for a long time because it may lead to cause some boot issue,. There are many cases in which the computer does not boots up and in that cases the core reason for the no boot issue is the printer being connected to the system and the operating system does not recognize the hard drive and it tries to boot from a non bootable device, this happens mostly in a USB enabled printer. You have taken a very wise step by deciding remove the printer from your system . To remove printer’s drivers you can go to the printer’s settings and disable it first . Then go to the Control panel , then go to the Administrative Tools, then finally the Print Management tool, you can uninstall its drivers from there . Then disconnect the printer and it cables and keep it away . you can again install it if you want and connect it back to your system , for that you will have to update and reinstall the drivers again. You can reinstall the drivers from the cd that might have come along with the printer. Insert the cd into your drive and you can use the printer again. I know it is a quite lengthy process but in case if you feel you have missed something then you can post back your question again , I will be glad to help you in that case.

Thank you for reminding me, I was removing and disconnecting the printer just because it was kept useless and untouched for a long time , I did not know about the reason that it may even cause some serious issue such as no boot, I will need my printer again after six or seven months back , do also wanted to ask if whether the printer cartridge can be used after such long gap ? Can I install the driver from the internet in case if I have lost my cd.

Yes you can definitely install your printer drivers from the website in case you have lost your drivers and utility cd that came along with your printer, you said you are having a Hp printer then you can browse the official hp website and download the drivers from there , search the model number you are having with you, also search for the operating system capability, since you are having Windows 7 ,look for a driver which is compatible with your Windows 7 platform. I do not have any idea if Print Management will be added to the operating system.

It is also possible that the printer management tool is missing in your system. There are printer softwares that are available in the internet that enables to install and uninstall the , but if you have bought your system from a branded manufacturer then you will have to uninstall the update only. There is also an option to rollback the printer settings in the Device manager.Printer software may be available to uninstall in Uninstall Programs if it came from the manufacturer, and if it came from Windows Update you could uninstall that update.You may be able to roll back a driver version in Device Manager, but not remove a driver from the system.

As far as my knowledge is concerned , most of the printer go missing from the list mainly because its object is actually missing and it happens due to printer pruning. If you go in depth , then I would say it is actually a thread which is running inside a executable code called as spoolsv.exe on the Domain Controller. The main function of this thread is to actually check time to time whether the printer object is valid or not . It will perform the validation for a particular amount of time, and then it will consider it as invalid, but will remove from the list and its object form AD will be removed by DC. You can also disable printer pruning, in order to disable it you do not have to do much , just disable spooler service, that’s it . The only effect will be that the printing function will not be able to locate DC. But it will not affect much as most of the client search it in AD. The following are two policy related to pruning:
    • On DC, run the command gpedit.msc and look for the folder or file Printers in the Administrative folder which you will be able to locate in the Computer configuration folder.
    • But before running this command , ensure that you have disabled all the policies which has anything to do with pruning and then you will have to enable a policy named as “Directory pruning interval” and then assign its interval.